VPC 4.0 and OSX

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi,

I've just upgraded to a 12" PB, that will not boot classic natively. Now, about 18 Months ago I spent a large amount of money on VPC4 with windows 98. I just installed it, and it refuses to work even in classic mode. Was there an update to 4 that allowed it to work in classic. Now I NEED this to work, and cannot afford to spend any money on it at all really. What do I do?

David

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iMacfan

Hi,

I've just upgraded to a 12" PB, that will not boot classic natively. Now, about 18 Months ago I spent a large amount of money on VPC4 with windows 98. I just installed it, and it refuses to work even in classic mode. Was there an update to 4 that allowed it to work in classic. Now I NEED this to work, and cannot afford to spend any money on it at all really. What do I do?

David

Nope. If you can't spend any money on it then you're SOL.

You need at least VPC5 to run it in OS X. If you want VPC6 which is the latest version, you'll have to have VPC5. Otherwise, you have no choice but to buy a new copy of VPC6. You can buy the DOS edition rather than the Windows edition as you already have Windows.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I hate the way Connectix managed the upgrades to VPC 6. I had bought VPC5, but I had to reformat my hard drive, and they won't let me redownload the upgrade. I called customer service but they just tell me to buy it again. Those jackasses. It's like the guy at the movie theater who watches you run out to the car to grab something, but won't let you back into the movie.

Of course, its not like Microsoft is going to handle it any better. Customer service in the US has gone from bad to horrible to "The customer sucks" to "The customer can screw himself". Sure, not every company is like this, but a lot are(Connectix, I'm looking in your direction).

They took my 100 bucks. Now they expect me to pay for VPC6? Yeah, right!

Sorry, I had to rant about this topic.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

I hate the way Connectix managed the upgrades to VPC 6. I had bought VPC5, but I had to reformat my hard drive, and they won't let me redownload the upgrade. I called customer service but they just tell me to buy it again.

Long live the CD-R!

EDIT: This is another good candidate for P2P use.