What type of cable is this? help!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Posted below is a shot of a cable I'm trying to identify. I'd like to know what it does

better shot of the one end...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    It looks like a video adapter... perhaps from a PB 2400?

I don't know for sure.

This should be under "Genius Bar"
  • Reply 2 of 10
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Looks like VGA. Maybe you should email the address in the last photo, he should know.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

Looks like VGA. Maybe you should email the address in the last photo, he should know.

That address is mine....hehe took it with my webcam.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Not VGA. Palm to Serial, I think.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    It looks like a DB-15 connector on the right end. Not sure what the left end is, though.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    It's to connect a Powerbook 500 series to a monitor. You'll need a Mac to VGA adapter to connect to a normal VGA monitor.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Ah, memories of my 540c...

• Reply 8 of 10
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    It's some kind of old Mac video adapter. My old PowerMac 6100 had something similar, as do current iBooks. Apple has been doing this for a long time, and seem to change the plug every couple of years or so. The right side is old Mac 2-row 15-pin VGA, the left side fits a port in some legacy Macintosh.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.