Help for a novice please

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I hope Digital Hub is the right place for this question but here goes anyway!

I confess to being a complete Mac novice (something I am working on rectifying!) My BF however is a Mac boy through and through and has a lovely G4 and iPod (my main competition with regard to his affections me thinks!)

Anyway, it's his birthday in a few weeks and I was trying to think of one of the peripheral gadgets I could get as a little surprise - something that he would appreciate and that also won't break the bank. I've looked on Applestore UK and they have these Keyspan Digital Media Remotes - are they any good or does anyone have any better ideas?

Once again, please excuse my complete naive type comments but I thought this would be the best place to ask my question without resorting to asking my BF direct! He'll probably read this anyway but I'll risk it!!I just hope he appreciates my efforts!!!!!!

Thank You!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The remote would be a nice gift. There's also these keychain hard drives (look towards the bottom of the page), iPod accessories, speakers for his computer and/or iPod, ormaybe a game.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Maybe an iTrip? Oh, you're in the UK, nevermind.

How much of a Mac fanatic is he? Maybe he'd like a Think Different poster. You can find decent deals on eBay, or(though I think they are a ripoff) www.redlightrunner.com.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    flintflint Posts: 3member
    That's given me a couple of ideas so big Thank You!!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    Oh Oh Oh.... Its my birthday in a few weeks.... and I have a G4 (iMac) and an iPod

Give Flint more ideas, she might be shopping for meee!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    WOOOOO WOOOOO It was me!!! Flint is my (very sneaky) girlfriend.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    awwww, that's beautiful
  • Reply 7 of 8
    so what did you finally get?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

so what did you finally get?

A few DVD's, a Silver ring (of magical powers - i am sure ), and a Apple notebook, Pen & T-Shirt from redlightrunner.