Aiwa Receivers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Don't they make them anymore? I am finding them far and few, and Amazon.com lists all their stuff as out of stock or discontinued. I've always liked Aiwa and am looking into a home entertainment system and it seems I may have to go with a pre-boxed panasonic system. I am not looking to spend more then $350 so it won't be great, just something to help DVD's a bit with surround.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Don't they make them anymore? I am finding them far and few, and Amazon.com lists all their stuff as out of stock or discontinued. I've always liked Aiwa and am looking into a home entertainment system and it seems I may have to go with a pre-boxed panasonic system. I am not looking to spend more then $350 so it won't be great, just something to help DVD's a bit with surround.

forgot about this thread...no nothing? This stinks
  • Reply 2 of 9
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Sony makes great recievers, really, they have some excellent models for under $350, that are jammed packed with features, and are generally really good quality, not just a bunch of fluff like some recievers.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Yeah I guess I'll go with sony, I always liked the setup of Aiwa stuff more though. Oh well I guess I'll have to go with sony, they are good, probably better sound quality then Aiwa but not the setup I like.

(Sony remote controls = ugly)
  • Reply 4 of 9
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Yeah I guess I'll go with sony, I always liked the setup of Aiwa stuff more though. Oh well I guess I'll have to go with sony, they are good, probably better sound quality then Aiwa but not the setup I like.

(Sony remote controls = ugly)

You can get some really nice Yamaha or Onkyo equipment for that amount of money.

Not that there's anything wrong with Sony.

• Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryukyu

You can get some really nice Yamaha or Onkyo equipment for that amount of money.

Not that there's anything wrong with Sony.

I'll have to check out their layouts, I am not too familiar with them as much.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I have an old Onkyo reciever, it is a tank, great box that.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

I have an old Onkyo reciever, it is a tank, great box that.

Yeah, I have a Yamaha receiver that's about 22 years old that just cranks. Never had a lick of trouble with it.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    I've heard that Sony owns/bought Aiwa...

Don't know if it's true. Don't know when/where/how/why. Don't know much do I?

Couldn't easily find any info on this either. A google search for 'sony buys aiwa' or similar returns tons of websites focusing on product.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by seb

I've heard that Sony owns/bought Aiwa...

Don't know if it's true. Don't know when/where/how/why. Don't know much do I?

Couldn't easily find any info on this either. A google search for 'sony buys aiwa' or similar returns tons of websites focusing on product.

If you go to Aiwa's website and look at the bottom of the page, it says copyright 2003 Sony Corporation.