Powermax.com - any experiences with them?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Powermax.com has a program for trading in your old G4 PowerMac on a new G5 that I think I might take them up on. They quote you a trade in price, they send you the G5 (and charge you full price at the time) and then you send them your old machine at which time they credit you for the trade in as long as it is received in the condition which you specified.

I am trading one of my G4s, a 2 x 533Mhz, and I think the trade in value is a little low (close enough), but it saves me the hastle from trying to sell it on Ebay or something.

Anyway, does anybody have experience with this company good or bad?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I have never gone through them before but I have dealt with them, their support seems to be great.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I had a good experience with them. The deal I got wasn't great in terms of the money saved, but they're honest, reputable, and as Mr. FLoppy mentioned, their support is good.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    I bought my dual 533 from PowerMax a few years ago.

I highly recommend them.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Thanks everybody. I think I will proceed with the sale now.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Out of curiousity, what did they give you for trade-in? Was your machine stock?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Out of curiousity, what did they give you for trade-in? Was your machine stock?

Dual 533Mhz G4 - 1Gig Ram, 2x60gig HDs, Radeon 9000.

=$950.00

I suppose maybe I could get a better price selling it on Ebay or something, but I don't want to deal with the hastle. Plus, I keep my computer until I get the new one so that I can transfer all of my files.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    That's actually a bit more than I expected. Nice program they've got. I might look into it.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    To clarify:

The machine I am ordering is a Dual 2 gig and it comes with a free copy of Panther when it ships.

Also, for those interested, PowerMax says they will receive the machines the 2nd week in September.... For what it is worth,
  • Reply 9 of 9
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    i think powermax might know more than some other resellers becasue both them and Apple run the user group store