iPod engraving

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm finally going to bite the bullet and buy an iPod.

The only problem I have now is deciding what to have engraved on it.

What do you guys have ?

These are two i seem to remember seeing somewhere, very funny.

"From Steve with thanks"

"HELP I'm stuck in an iPod factory"

(ohh 15 or 30 gb ? still not sure)

j.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    I think Eugene's said I Steal Music, though it could have been someone else. I can't find the picture.

• Reply 2 of 13
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I just have my real name and E-mail address. If I ever loose it, I hope someone would return it (or if it was sold on Ebay).

15 GB is plenty for music, but if you want to use it as a external hard drive go for the 30 GB version. I did
  • Reply 3 of 13
    I wouldn't put personal information on the engraving. What if that information changes? You can't switch engravings, to my knowledge. Best to leave a .txt document on the HD with a return address.

Oh, and "This Machine Kills Fascists" like on Woodie Guthrie's guitar is my suggestion?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

I wouldn't put personal information on the engraving. What if that information changes? You can't switch engravings, to my knowledge. Best to leave a .txt document on the HD with a return address.

Oh, and "This Machine Kills Fascists" like on Woodie Guthrie's guitar is my suggestion?

Dang, what a great idea! Makes me want to buy another iPod just to get that on the back.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Actually, mine said:

*cough*
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

[B]I wouldn't put personal information on the engraving. What if that information changes?

Oh yea. I guess a name could change if you get married. (I'm a guy so it won't) As with E-Mail, I promised myself I would have 1 constant E-mail address all my life. None of this @home->@att->@comcast crap. I bought my domain and SSBA will always be it.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Oh yea. I guess a name could change if you get married. (I'm a guy so it won't) As with E-Mail, I promised myself I would have 1 constant E-mail address all my life. None of this @home->@att->@comcast crap. I bought my domain and SSBA will always be it.

You never know. What if the email server explodes and you have to get a new one? WHERE WILL YOU BE, THEN? I trust you, your iPod won't be there with you!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Hey, this is America. I'll sue & buy a new one! (And one for my brother, Mom, Dad, Cousin, fellow AI'ers...)
  • Reply 9 of 13
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    what options due you have, just text or can you get images, hearts, flowers symbols etc, and who does the engraving, how long does it take. how many characters????
  • Reply 10 of 13
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

what options due you have, just text or can you get images, hearts, flowers symbols etc, and who does the engraving, how long does it take. how many characters????

Text only and 27 characters per line.

Mine has "I got rhythm" and my name and email address on it.

I always fancied: The RIAA took my baby away!!! (Ramones reference)
  • Reply 11 of 13
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

You never know. What if the email server explodes and you have to get a new one? WHERE WILL YOU BE, THEN? I trust you, your iPod won't be there with you!

The domain doesn't blow up with the server, does it?
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Mine would be something vulgar, directed towards the RIAA.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Hello people.

I have a laser machine I can engrave logos, graphics, clip art bassically anything contact me at [email protected] or visit my site www.engravedgiftsusa.com

Thanks