Posting pictures

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I know it's probably been posted before, and I am sorry for the inconvenience if it has, but I was wondering how everyone else around here posts pictures.

I realise you have to link it to another site, in which case, which host is the most popular/relevant? (More importantly, free popular and relevant.) I also realise that a lot of you are using iDisk's.. I don't have one, so how would I go about it?

Thanks,

Jimzip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I use Angelfire to host images I want to post here. It is not the best option and quite clumsy if you wanted to actually build a website but I don't bother with any of that. I just use the Webshell part to upload pics and then link directly to them.

It's free and they give you 20MB of storage which should be more than enough for the purpose of posting images on AppleInsider.

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    There are alot of free hosting options which will be named by others. Your ISP doesn't give you web space?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

I use Angelfire to host images I want to post here. It is not the best option and quite clumsy if you wanted to actually build a website but I don't bother with any of that. I just use the Webshell part to upload pics and then link directly to them.

It's free and they give you 20MB of storage which should be more than enough for the purpose of posting images on AppleInsider.

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/

Do they allow off-site linking of images? I thought you'd just get a stupid angelfire logo in its place if you tried.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

Do they allow off-site linking of images? I thought you'd just get a stupid angelfire logo in its place if you tried.

They seem to. Any image I post here (which isn't many mind you) is hosted on Angelfire. I'll go check the Post Your Desktop thread and promptly report back.

Prompt Update: Indeed I can. They seem to allow both posting the image in the body of the post and linking to it.

They have only shut down my service once and that was probably a bandwidth issue because I posted some inline (is that the correct term?) pics in the first panther thread.

Angelfire also has not spammed me at all which I was expecting them to do quite feverishly.