thankfortakingmycall.com

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
first foxnews, cspan, and now ted.

what do they have in common? well they all have fallen victim to bob of thankyoufortakingmycall.com and his telephone prank.

check it out

i laughed my ass off.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member

Those are great!
  • Reply 2 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I saw the one yesterday where Ted Koppel was talking to the guy. Bob kept saying the web site address over and over again. It's nice that people think it's funny to capitalize on 50 million people being thrown into darkness and a few of them actually dying. Dumbass.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I saw the one yesterday where Ted Koppel was talking to the guy. Bob kept saying the web site address over and over again. It's nice that people think it's funny to capitalize on 50 million people being thrown into darkness and a few of them actually dying. Dumbass.

wow. way to bring the party down, man.

by the way, the hospital called, said you need to take your meds.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    I've had a hard time both connecting to the site and its humor.

NEXT
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by JRC

I've had a hard time both connecting to the site and its humor.

NEXT

i'm sure you guys are loads of fun at parties.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    good one. i thought it was very funny, kopple had no idea
  • Reply 7 of 13
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    These types of calls help to highlight what passes for "journalism" these days.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    If they want to pull those stunts during call-in talk shows or the like, fine. I'm just saying that during large breaking-news stories where people's safety is involved, it's not appropriate.

I think there was a joker like that shortly after the 9/11 attacks, too. Peter Jennings quickly figured out who the shmuck was and said something like, "Okay, folks. We apologize for that. Unfortunately with live TV you get some people who try to capitalize on a bad situation."
  • Reply 9 of 13
    i think there's a huge distinction between the events of 9-11 and blackouts. no comparison.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    If it's such an important news event, public safety and all that, why are major networks getting their information from people they don't know that call them?
  • Reply 11 of 13
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

If it's such an important news event, public safety and all that, why are major networks getting their information from people they don't know that call them?

Because the news isn't really news. It's just voyeuristic entertainment.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

If they want to pull those stunts during call-in talk shows or the like, fine. I'm just saying that during large breaking-news stories where people's safety is involved, it's not appropriate.

Are we talking about the victims of the blackout... their public safety? Because I'm sure they were all crowded around TVs during the blackout
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Are we talking about the victims of the blackout... their public safety? Because I'm sure they were all crowded around TVs during the blackout

come on lo, they where getting their information from the wireless telekinetic network.