Bondi baby hits 5

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Happy 5th birthday !

I couldnt see this listed anywhere so, I threw up a pointless thread about it..

We still have a couple in active duty around the place, little fellas just keep chugging a long...

What would have happened if the iMac didnt come when it did !

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    I knew there was something about august 15th...
  • Reply 2 of 16
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Wow, 5 is one of those milestone, "important" anniversaries (like 1, 10, 25, 50 and 100). I'm kinda surprised Apple didn't put a little something on their front page about it.

Would've been nice, considering it pretty much saved their bacon, turned things around and ushered in a whole new era and way of doing things...

Ingrates!

• Reply 3 of 16
    They still use one in the library at my HS. Though they have slapped a huge ****ing red bumper-sticker across the side of the case, DEFILING ITS ATISTRY AND DESIGN.

Happy 5th Birthday, iMac!
  • Reply 4 of 16
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    It's been fine years since "Hello Again."?!

Yesterday it was, seems yes it does.

Playing Warcraft on AOWL (AOL Warcraft League) with other Mac users via TCP/IP by the name of StormyJOHN.

"Have you seen the iMac?!" Drool over it we.

Happy BIRTHDAY iMac!!!
  • Reply 5 of 16
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    My school is banning all files that come from iMacs. Idiots. They still don't know, after five years of having one iMac in the school, that Apple makes more than iMacs. Of course, they have yet to ban the iPod, so maybe they should keep it this way.

Wow, five years already. Should they be considered over the hill yet.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    A year ago I read an article about the BIONDI Blue iMac and how it was not a particular success right away. It wasn't until the "fruity" iMacs arrived that iMac sales took off.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Even if the original bondi wasn't a huge success at first, it got A LOT of heads turning, remember it was released in a time of beige boxes, with a million cables, all of a sudden, the concept of All-in-one was reborn, and not only that, but it was such a stark departure from anything anyone else had seen before.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Indeed it turned a lot of heads. But there was some resistance since it was so different. I bought one. (It is still in use at a friends recording studio).By the way, there was no "Bondi" Blue iMac. It was called "Biondi".( Named after a beach I believe)
  • Reply 9 of 16
    ariari Posts: 126member
    It is B-O-N-D-I not B-I-O-N-D-I.

The first poster was correct.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    Its BONDI!

As in Bondi Beach Sydney Australia.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Opps you're right. I checked with Google and they had tons of listings under Biondi!

• Reply 12 of 16

Ahehehehhehe?
  • Reply 13 of 16
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    It looks like she's got fangs or something. That could get painful... *shudders*
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whisper

It looks like she's got fangs or something. That could get painful... *shudders*

Painful ..... Yeaaahhhhhhhh!
  • Reply 15 of 16
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

[B]Opps you're right. I checked with Google and they had tons of listings under Biondi!

Hehhehe, np, I am from Australia so I knew the heritage of the name and colour
  • Reply 16 of 16
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    You said you couldn't find anything about it... well, here's something. It actually has some interesting details.