Die Another Day=Worst Movie. EVAR.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I saw this awhile ago and have finally gotten around to posting a thread on how shitty it is.

I know...I know. It's a Bond film. That doesn't excuse anything. The plot is horrendus and illogical. The stupid Icarus weapon has no point to existence. What is the villain's goal again? He financed this all through diamonds (I think)? Building a massive "magnifying glass beam weapon" that can blow up that much stuff requires one SHIT LOAD of diamonds, doesn't it?

Why do Bond and Halle Berry get together? What's the point of the stupid Ice Hotel stuff?

So fvcking bad!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I don't know, I heard that Gigli movie was pretty bad.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Ironically, Die Another Day is unquestionably the best of the four Brosnan films.

EDIT: Totally forgot about The World Is Not Enough ... I think I tried to block that one completely from memory.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    shawnshawn Posts: 32member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Ironically, Die Another Day is unquestionably the best of the three Brosnan films.

I would rank them:

GoldenEye

Die Another Die/ Tomorrow Never Dies

The World Is Not Enough
  • Reply 4 of 9
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Shawn

I would rank them:

GoldenEye

Die Another Die/ Tomorrow Never Dies

The World Is Not Enough

Spot on.

I thought Die Another Day was fairly good, considering the horrible The World Is Not Enough.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    But you still watched all of them, didn't you?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Maybe they are suffering from "Simpsons did it" syndrome? I was unimpressed by the movie, as well. I likened the experience to like the 1st Lara Croft movie, which was just a big string of beautiful stunt/action scenes with lavish scenery, but absolutely bereft of content or compelling storyline.

I did dig seeing Halle Berry talk "dirty" Bond broad style.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    goldeneye was excellent....

I'll get my coat.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    longhornlonghorn Posts: 147member
    'Course, diamonds are now only $5 per carat, so maybe it's feasable after all.