Power button lights up, computer won't turn on

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a G4 867 single processor (quicksilver) that I had flown with (packed the computer in its original packaging) once at the beginning of the summer with no problems, and then yesterday i re-packed it, and checked it with the airline, and flew home...

Well, this morning I finally unpacked everything, and I plug my computer into the wall, and hit the power button, and the light lights up when my finger is on the button, but as soon as I let go, the light is dark, and the computer stays off.

I found this article at Apple which is the exactly my problem, just not on a cube... apple support article

I really want to fix this without having to take it to the apple store... Any ideas? Nothing in the computer appears like it was jostled loose during the flight...

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    The same thing happened to me when I moved my Quicksilver home for the winter once. Resetting the PMU made everything just fine and dandy. It's a small black button right next to the battery on the logic board. Be sure to ground yourself properly and follow the directions carefully.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    gsfmarkgsfmark Posts: 210member
    i love you.