The Islamic Terrorists are Winning

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I awoke

this morning to two pieces of horrible terrorist news.

First :

Unitied Nations headquarters in IRAQ had been blown up with 17 or more staff losing their lives....

Second :

Israeli bus loaded with civilians and many children blown up in Jerusalem. latest death count is over 20 including four or five children.

In both cases Islamic terrorists are doing all they possibly can to stop those to troubled parts of the world from realising the potential of peace.

I for my part condemm the murderous attrocites in both circumstances..

But from my perspective it is clear that the terrorists are winning in both situtations.

In IRAQ the United Nations is very likely to reduce or even totally withdraw its humanitarian presence. No one wins in thosecircumstance, least of all the Iraqi people.

Secondly the Palestinian terrorists ( murderers ) in Israel will have achieved their ultimate objective..The stalling and possible total end of America's "Road to peace ".

The neutering of the Palestinian democracy.

And of course last but not least, the total destruction of Israel .

And now......

It is becoming increasingly clear that these terrorists are also tied to the dillusory dream of achieving a pan islamic empire across most of the Middle East, Northern Africa & S.E. Asia.....and certain parts of Europe....

These Islamic terrorists do NOT speak for mainstream muslims, but until muslims of good faith & peace demand stand up to these murderers of their good name; then their reign of terror across the world.

Like I said.. these islamic ( murderers ) terrorists are winning....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 64
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I'm afraid I don't agree. I think militant islamicism is in much worse shape than it was two years ago. We don't see every success and prevented attack. The attacks of today are horrible, but it hardly means they are winning.

I do agree with your last statement on muslims across the world uniting against these fanatics.
  • Reply 2 of 64
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    This makes me cry.

Let's see how many jump to the defense of the terrorists, to to those that would I say how dare you. Grow some balls, these a-holes would have no qualms putting your head on the chopping block next.

Yes horrible things were perpetrated in the past against Arabs, you know what they did no different. And the past does not justify the murder of these children. They should strip Arafat of his Nobel.
  • Reply 3 of 64
    I am not defending terrorist at all, but terrorist always win. its the nature of their work. if they kill, maim, disfigure or even scare one person then they suceed. the ira (or the real ira) are terrorist who still induce fear, they are sucessful regardless of the level, organisation, and size of their attacks.
  • Reply 4 of 64
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Thank heavens no one perpetuated a 'pre-emptive strike' on either of these murderous sons of bitches before they set off their bombs. Afterall, as some in these forums have stated in the past pre-emptive strikes would be just as bad as, maybe even worse than, terrorist acts.

Oh well. Maybe those who are commanding these fanatics will see that we're nice people afterall and start to play nice.

Aries 1B

• Reply 5 of 64
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Where did the attack occur?
  • Reply 6 of 64
    Jerusalem. I've got a link in my previous post.
  • Reply 7 of 64
    It all stems from manipulated teachings of Islam and misinterpretations of the Koran. Granted, I've read the first half of it so far, and I can definitely say that it is not a peace making book. It is filled with "If you're not with us, you're against us and you are going to hell" sayings. In the Koran, Allah is very vengeful. It seems Islamic extremists are the same. This is no surprise. What's really sad is that Israel was about to cooperate with another set of terms set forth in the "roadmap to peace", and these sons of bitches do this...way to get your way guys, screw up the peace process. But that is what they do isn't it? I'm not preaching against Islam, Christianity, or any other religion, I practice none of them, I simply educate myself about them. I am also not saying that ALL Muslims think or interpret the Koran as the extremists do. It all stems from thousands of years of religious war...I'll say it again...it all stems from thousands of years of RELIGIOUS war. Religion is a man induced idea, and has been used as an excuse for thousands of years for countless wars among other things. It is a sad world we live in.
  • Reply 8 of 64
    Quote:

Specifically about the Iraq bombing. Not strictly true to call the perps terrorists, by any token they are a resisting force.

Not true, these ****ers targeted the UN. The invading force was not, is not UN. So they are not a resisting force when they are attacking the UN.

Quote:

Once (if) this becomes widely known then the host cultures will deal with these people rapidly and effectively. In fact it's the only reason they haven't yet. A step on that way would be for people to stop prefacing 'terrorist' with 'Islamic' but that won't happen. Never heard 'Christian IRA' though ever.

I don't care what the hell nationality or religious creed these ****ers are, murdering children is not right.

Secondly, the I highly doubt the Islamic govts and communities are ignorant or stupid. They often knowingly support these ****ers. Not to say all do. I'm just saying right now it seems the minority extremists are in control of the Muslim world, and the majority of the reasonable Muslims are too afraid or apathetic to do anything.
  • Reply 9 of 64
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    The attack against the U.N. runs totally counter to the flow in Iraq.

Whoever organized this terrorist attack is undoubtedly some party who hates the U.N. enough to want them to quit Iraq as soon as possible. Iraqi resistance organizations, including the Arab League, have condemned and denounced this bombing as an act of terrorism. There is no reason for the Iraq resistance to bomb the United Nations, which is the main hope for stabilizing things after the months of chaos and destruction.

World opinion desperately wants the U.N. to take over with a peacekeeping force....except for the U.S. and Israel, which for obvious reasons are determined that the military presence is maintained. The PNAC website has all the plans. It looks like the bombing is a staged piece of terrorism designed to scare the U.N. into "further irrelevance".

The war (aka a prolonged act of international terrorism perpetrated by the Bush Administration) has already killed up to 8000 civilians. To sacrifice 20 more innocent lives in a staged terrorist act for the considerable political coup of elbowing out the U.N. is no skin off the noses of Wolfowitz, Cheney et al. Just like Saddam Hussein , these politicians have no conscience or humanity.
  • Reply 10 of 64
    I really don't think the whole world besides the US govt wants to see Iraq stable. The sooner that Iraq is stable the sooner that the oil sanctions can be lifted completely. Meaning Iraq can rejoin OPEC. This would greatly cut into the production quotas of the other nations. Plus next to Saudi Arabia, Iraq is supposed to have one of the largest resource of oil on the planet. I wouldn't put an attack on the UN above or below the Saudi govt.
  • Reply 11 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Meaning Iraq can rejoin OPEC. This would greatly cut into the production quotas of the other nations.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. OPEC is what economists would call a cartel. They band together to increase their profits by reducing supply. It is good for Iraq to be in OPEC and it is good for everyone else in OPEC to have Iraq on board.

It would, on the other hand, be bad for all oil-consuming countries which is why the 'conspiracy' theorists like myself think that the US will do its best to keep Iraq out of OPEC and ideally undermine it completely.

Here is some economics info about OPEC (with some interesting historical perspective):

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/OPEC.html
  • Reply 12 of 64
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Which brings me to my main point - these terrorists are not muslims, anymore than the IRA were Christians.

You have to understand the prevailing culture in societies that are near 100% sectarian religious in their thought patterns. A terrorist group MUST portray themselves as part of that religion

a) to remain operational and work unhindered

b) to gain support

c) to avoid being neutralised by the host culture

That does not mean they are a genuine representation of that religion or culture. This is the dichotomy you mention, imo you only get it half right - these terrorists (of any religious hue) are not religious men at all and they know it. It's a pretence for the reasons above.

I am sorry to say Segovious, but you are SO wrong on this.

You know I respect your points of view, but your way off mark by a long ...long ....shot...

These are not terrorists " diguising themselves " as islamicists.

This is not cultural camouflage; far from it...It IS the militant face OF islamic fundamentalism..

To say otherwise is just ......well you know what...bunk

Further more comparing the I.R.A. ,( who have always made their intentions of statehood clear ) is just a smoke screen...

You, more than anyone else ( being familiar with the middle east & having lived there ) would have to acknowledge that the fundamentalists are striving ( amongst other things ) for a theocratic Islamic government where Shariah law controls and dictates every aspect of life..

I can't believe you've forgotten the Taliban in Afghanistan so soon...that is an example of what these guys want the world to look like... make no bones about it...

And your old enough to have remembered Iran under the Ayatollah Komeni...Do you recall the morality police ?

Never heard of the IRA ever wanting to have the Pope rule their land by appointing only priests as the government.
  • Reply 13 of 64
    Quote:

originally posted by stupider like a fox

. It is good for Iraq to be in OPEC and it is good for everyone else in OPEC to have Iraq on board.

What I mean is, to allow Iraq within OPEC once more, someone has to reduce the amount of oil exported to allow Iraq that qoutient. OPEC regulations of their members only allow a certain amount of oil to be sold by each member to keep things fair for all members. And only a certain amount can be exported as to not flood the market and drive down the value.
  • Reply 14 of 64
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I don't condone what happened but the UN basically had it coming. They were asking for it. The UN is the cause of all trouble in world today. They need to sit back and answer the question of why they are so hated.
  • Reply 15 of 64
    Quote:

originally poste by Scott

I don't condone what happened but the UN basically had it coming. They were asking for it. The UN is the cause of all trouble in world today. They need to sit back and answer the question of why they are so hated.

Some would say the same about 9/11 and the US. What would you say to them Scott?
  • Reply 16 of 64
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Scott knew excatly what he was writing.
  • Reply 17 of 64
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    We gotta blame someone. Who's turn is it now?
  • Reply 18 of 64
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

You have a weird sense of humour Scott
  • Reply 19 of 64
    Quote:

originally posted by Anders

Scott knew excatly what he was writing.

Yes, he probably does know. However, I would like to forgoe the US vs Europe or US vs the world battle. As an American, I'd like our relations with Europe to be stronger, it just seems that the leadership on both sides are obstinate pigs. I'd like to see the US as a respected (not feared) power in the international arena.
  • Reply 20 of 64
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

" Let me put it clearly: what if there were an organised middle eastern terror group that's main aim was not actually an Islamic state but merely punitive attacks on the west. If this group hid behind the 'Islamic' facade, it would be beneficial for the reasons I outline. Also it would have the advantage of directing western retaliatory measures to the wrong direction.

I put it to you that this is the case and many of these media stories and 'cells' are in fact fronts for a deeper (hidden) neo-Marxist agenda, imo the AQ blackout message is one such 'plant'.

let me see if I get your drift here Sedgey.....If it quacks like a duck, wiggles like a duck, has feathers like a duck & looks like a duck..your saying it might be a elephant in disguise..?

So now your saying these attacks are being carried out by neo-marxists cleverly disguised as islamic fundamentalists hell bent on punishing the west..?

Plee-eeze.... you don't really expect me to swallow this one do you Sedgey ?

And here's a challenge for you..

Name one self proclaimed fundamentalist Islamic group that is actually a front for neo marxists....& dont even think of saying the PKK ....