shortcut to be promted with login screen?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
is there a key/key combo that one can depress on starting up a mac to boot into login panel when autologin is enabled. (a temporary, not one that will change the preferences permanantly).

just for when the techs that I work with set up some stations so they don't have to boot into the guest account at startup and then logout and logback in as admin user. Any key combo to holddown on startup that will take a user to the loginwindow?

tia

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I don't really know the answer to that. Why exactly do you need to do this without altering the prefs?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    IF there is I bet Brad knows it!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I don't really know the answer to that. Why exactly do you need to do this without altering the prefs?

the scenario: preconfigured systems that are imaged and put up on server as asr_dmgs for netrestoring. After restoration, we have techs that go around and configure settings such as printers, energy saver (byhost) and installations of fcp4 and the respective software updates.

we set the imgs up as auto login to the student account, however its a little tedious for the techs go station by station, boot up, log out login in yada yada yada, especially after software updates and software installations that necessitate a reboot. Just looking for a keycombo perhaps that bypasses the auto-login feature...

hope that makes for better understanding of my scenario!