Easy question...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is going to sound stupid, but I've never bought I Mac and I'm about too.

With all this hoopla about the new AIPbooks coming out, if I went and ordered a new 15" Powerbook right now, and they released the updated version this Friday, would I get an old version or the new version at the same price?

Please forgive the ignorance... please.

ME

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I think you'd only get a new one if they were out of the old one.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I had a friend who bought a dual 1gig G4 days before the 1.42s were released. We went back to the Apple Store (King of Prussia) later that week and they offered to let him return the computer in exchange for a new one (minus 10% restocking or whatever) or a refund of the difference (between previous dual gig price and the new). He took the refund and bought an iPod and a scanner.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by SledgeHammer

I had a friend who bought a dual 1gig G4 days before the 1.42s were released. We went back to the Apple Store (King of Prussia) later that week and they offered to let him return the computer in exchange for a new one (minus 10% restocking or whatever) or a refund of the difference (between previous dual gig price and the new). He took the refund and bought an iPod and a scanner.

Hmmmm... that's an interesting idea. Now if I can only come to REALLY believe Apple will release the new Pbooks this week or next. hehe...