OT: The Clinton Era

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
After much arguing and deliberation, historians this week have come up with a phrase to describe the Clinton Era. It will be called: SEX BETWEEN THE BUSHES.

The Center for Disease Control in Atlanta announced that Clinton has proven that you can get sex from Aides.

Gennifer Flowers was asked if her relationship with Clinton was anything like Monica Lewinski's. She replied, "Close, but no cigar."

The FBI has coined a technical term for the stains found on Monica's dress: "Presidue."

Clinton now recruits interns from only four colleges:

Moorhead, Oral Roberts, Ball State and Brigham Young.

Did you know that Clinton had asked to change the Democratic emblem from a donkey to a condom? It represents inflation, halts production, and gives you a false sense of security while you are being screwed.

Arkansas is very proud of Bill Clinton.

All these women coming forward, and not one is his sister!

Finally, Hillary Clinton recently went to a fortuneteller who intoned,

"Prepare to become widow. Your husband will soon suffer a violent death!"

Hillary took a deep breath and asked, "Will I be acquitted?"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Don't want to be a dick, but WHY in the hell is this not in AppleOutsider?!?

I mean...this is General Discussion, but not THAT general!

• Reply 2 of 13
    It's not OT; it's just AO fodder!

Moving now.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Thats cool. I didn't know where to put it.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Only a bit worse than the comedian in Leisure Suit Larry.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Man, the good ol' times. During the Clinton era I was making a fortune in the IT consulting sector. I had a 401K to kill for and I could actually afford my house payments. Wow! Good times!

Back then it was okay to openly criticize our standing president without being labeled "a un-American liberal whacko" and Anne Coulter could be a hypocrite by saying things like "I'm not sure if we should impeach Clinton or assassinate him." Good times indeed.

Oh, oh...remember when Clinton bombed the sh*t out of Milosevic with little to no boots on the ground and then funneled tons of cash into the anti-Milosevic campaign? Come on, you guys remember the grassroots campaign of Yugoslav?s that rooted the evil dictator out on their own (funded by us) arresting him and sending him to the international courts. Man, those were the good ol' days. Too bad we couldn't have done the same to Saddam (oh, wait, Bush Sr. blew that one...oh well). Too bad we live in a world where liberals can no longer be trusted to overthrow governments and oust evil dictators with little to no loss of American troop?s lives.

Fond memories of a time when the worst thing we were debating was the legality of a blowjob. Good times indeed!
  • Reply 6 of 13
    thoth2thoth2 Posts: 277member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Man, the good ol' times. During the Clinton era I was making a fortune in the IT consulting sector. I had a 401K to kill for and I could actually afford my house payments. Wow! Good times!

Back then it was okay to openly criticize our standing president without being labeled "a un-American liberal whacko" and Anne Coulter could be a hypocrite by saying things like "I'm not sure if we should impeach Clinton or assassinate him." Good times indeed.

Oh, oh...remember when Clinton bombed the sh*t out of Milosevic with little to no boots on the ground and then funneled tons of cash into the anti-Milosevic campaign? Come on, you guys remember the grassroots campaign of Yugoslav?s that rooted the evil dictator out on their own (funded by us) arresting him and sending him to the international courts. Man, those were the good ol' days. Too bad we couldn't have done the same to Saddam (oh, wait, Bush Sr. blew that one...oh well). Too bad we live in a world where liberals can no longer be trusted to overthrow governments and oust evil dictators with little to no loss of American troop?s lives.

Fond memories of a time when the worst thing we were debating was the legality of a blowjob. Good times indeed!

Thank you for saying it. Sometimes I lose the strength to continue to fight for perspective.

Thoth
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Thoth2

Thank you for saying it. Sometimes I lose the strength to continue to fight for perspective.

Thoth

Oh, just wait. The wingers who troll the board haven't landed on the shores of this thread yet. I'm hunkered down waiting for the bombs to drop
  • Reply 8 of 13
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Wow um ... funny stuff\
  • Reply 9 of 13
    thoth2thoth2 Posts: 277member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Oh, just wait. The wingers who troll the board haven't landed on the shores of this thread yet. I'm hunkered down waiting for the bombs to drop

I'm surprised they haven't noticed yet - I guess they're all over in the Latte and Franken threads lobbing bunker busters....

Thoth
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Thoth2

I'm surprised they haven't noticed yet - I guess they're all over in the Latte and Franken threads lobbing bunker busters....

Thoth

I guess we better be careful about all the war mongering references here, it might be "perceived" as un-American and not "humor".
  • Reply 11 of 13
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    I just bought Joe Conason's book "Big Lies".

It's kind of the straight version of Al Franken's book...

looking forward to reading it tonight.

He was on Kudlow&Kramer last night... jabbed Kudlow about talking to the Schwarzenager camp. He's cool.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

I just bought Joe Conason's book "Big Lies".

It's kind of the straight version of Al Franken's book...

looking forward to reading it tonight.

He was on Kudlow&Kramer last night... jabbed Kudlow about talking to the Schwarzenager camp. He's cool.

I just ordered it from Amazon. Looking forward to it. I read the sample pages, a few reviews and it looks like a good read. Of course, in an attempt not to be labeled a "Clinton apologist", I must admit that I do read these books with a certain amount of salt as any one-sided partisan tome might "stretch" certain truths in order to better illustrate their point (Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, et al).

I'll definitely be buying Franken's book this weekend. Not because I'm a Franken fan (never really found him that funny), but more as a middle-finger to Fox News.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    I think alot of Liberals and people who can't stand O'Reilly and FNC will be buying Al Franken's book for the very same reason. What better middle finger than it being on the Best Sellers list... hehe