Matrix Revolutions International Trailer

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
w00t! Just out! This looks [I] very good[I/], maybe more Lord of the Rings than Reloaded. By the looks of it, a lot of things in this trailer are also present in the Reloaded trailer. I can not wait for November 15th.

http://www.thematrix.com/

It's available for download, also.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Thanks for the linkage. Downloading now despite the fact it's probably 80% the same as the non-international Revolutions trailer.

[Edit: Oooo. How wrong I was. No more than 50% commonality, and a much different tone. Cool how you see stuff in trailers you'll probably never see in the theatre. The rain scene with Smith? It's a different take than the one on the other trailer; you can tell by the sound of the voice. Heh.]
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

w00t! Just out! This looks [I] very good[I/], maybe more Lord of the Rings than Reloaded. By the looks of it, a lot of things in this trailer are also present in the Reloaded trailer. I can not wait for November 15th.

http://www.thematrix.com/

It's available for download, also.

There is a bittorrent version available for those having trouble accessing the site.

http://www.gametab.com/files/torrents.php?fuse=62
  • Reply 3 of 10
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    aw hell yeah. lots of people didn't like reloaded, but i think this movie will tie up many of the loose ends that were left to twist in the wind from reloaded. it was, after all, was the first half of a 5.5 hour movie. if we're having a vote, i'd say i have gotten more of my money's worth with the first two matrix movies than i have the first two star wars prequels so far.

looks like a very large chunk of zion gets destroyed. and i love agent smith. his delivery is astoundingly good.

"Mr. Anderson, welcome back. We missed you."

8)
  • Reply 4 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    The bittorrent link was nice. It also highlights one of my compression pet peeves. People who compress things that are already compressed. In zip from it's 31.9 and unzipped it's 32.6. Edged a whole 2% off that file. Who hoo
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

The bittorrent link was nice. It also highlights one of my compression pet peeves. People who compress things that are already compressed. In zip from it's 31.9 and unzipped it's 32.6. Edged a whole 2% off that file. Who hoo

I was slightly amused by that as well. However, someone over on slashdot pointed out some people do that for the checksum features rather than the compression.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Moogs, there are 2 trailers? (International and non-international) I can only find the international version.

Linky, linky, please!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by D.J. Adequate

I was slightly amused by that as well. However, someone over on slashdot pointed out some people do that for the checksum features rather than the compression.

Yea. There are other reasons to do it to like the antiquated reason of binary vs ascii transfer. But come one, checksum of a QT movie? If it's corrupted it tells you.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Ebby:

Not sure if the original is still up but about two months ago I downloaded a different trailer (from the same site I believe). It's a lot more high-tempo / hard-hitting music than this one. Personally I think this one is better.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Compressing already compressed files is such a big problem, it was actually a topic they touched on at a few WWDC sessions.

I saw a shitty thumbnail sized MPEG of that trailer a week ago and was wondering when the humongo QT version would come out. The teaser itself looks like it was quickly slapped together.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Ebby:

Not sure if the original is still up but about two months ago I downloaded a different trailer (from the same site I believe). It's a lot more high-tempo / hard-hitting music than this one. Personally I think this one is better.

Yeah...this was ike the LOTR trailers- very epic.