homepod!?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
don't know if this has already been posted here, didn't find anything, so:

http://www.macsense.com/product/homepod/

Quote:

Macsense HomePod is a digital stereo component that allows users to take advantage of their existing wireless network to beam MP3 files stored on their Macs or PCs to devices located anywhere in the house. HomePod was announced at the MacWorld Expo held in San Francisco 2003.

Imagine being able to select from any computer in your home or office and choose the music you want to listen to on any speaker or headphone set. Simply select your music from the LCD screen on the HomePod and you are set. HomePod even works outside on the patio, in the garden or while organizing your garage. HomePod is scheduled to ship in October with a suggested retail price of $249.

Until now, music lovers have been forced to huddle around their Macs or PCs because no standard format existed that enabled portable devices to seamlessly share media files. But now, with HomePod's 802.11b, or Wi-Fi, network interface to beam MP3 files to remote devices, consumers will end up the winners and finally emerge from behind their desks.

The HomePod enhances Apple's digital hub, picking up where iTunes and iPod leave off. Think of HomePod as an iPod for home distributed entertainment. The handheld device functions just like an iPod, with the ability to browse by artists, style and song name. The device checks how many computers are on the wireless network and pools all the song lists together. All software can run on Mac, PC or Linux machines.

HomePod features an 802.11b_ wireless and Ethernet network interface, built-in stereo speakers, stereo audio outputs to home hi-fi system, headphone jack, 2.5" back-lit LCD display, jog-shuttle rotating dial, and on-unit control buttons.

omg! that's just the device i was looking for! just connect it to your airportstation and to your stereo and enjoy your itunes-songs... ahhh! would be nice to see it in action.

but is it 249$ worth?

has somebody more infos bout it?

or somebody ordered it already?

thanks for input

amarone

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    spazspaz Posts: 58member
    or, you could simply run your Mac audio out to your stereo and control iTunes remotely from your Bluetooth phone, like i do!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spaz

or, you could simply run your Mac audio out to your stereo and control iTunes remotely from your Bluetooth phone, like i do!

Yea if my system wasn't 20 yards away in another room