help...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Im trying to connect an hp deskjet 5550 to a 15 inch pbook. Both are brand new. Everything worked well, the printer was recognized etc. But, when i try to print i get a "stopped" status at the print center. Im new to macs, and have no idea what to do, or what could be wrong. Any help?

thanks

330zx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    not sure how you've set things up, and haven't used that particular printer, but...

if there's a job in the print queue in printer list window (default on opening print center),

select it and click "show jobs"

you should get a new window with your model as its title (the jobs window of that printer)

in the bottom pane of the jobs window, click on the name of the file and hit "start" to print

to remove a job from the print queue, select it here and click 'delete'

(clicking delete in the printer list window will remove the printer)

maybe you have manual feed turned on or something...

normal print jobs shouldn't require user intervention in print center

hope this helps
  • Reply 2 of 5
    330zx330zx Posts: 27member
    Im connected to a school network, but i dont think that should make a difference. I tried to click start, and the printer doesn't even start moving or anything...under the job status just returns to "stopped".
  • Reply 3 of 5
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    You can always try turning the printer off for a few seconds and then restart. Oh, I guess you can't do that?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Moving to Genius Bar.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    330zx330zx Posts: 27member
    I was messing around trying to figure out why it wouldn't work, and i tried to configure it. When i hit configure...it said "The classic environment is currently using the printer." What does that mean?

could that be why everything thing i try to print is "stopped?"

thanks

330zx