Where is Iraq nine months from now?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So lets see how good we are in predicting.

Where is Iraq one year from the end of the war/roughly nine month from now? Cast your votes.

(Yes I know but thats the whole idea okay?)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    West of Iran.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

So lets see how good we are in predicting.

Where is Iraq one year from the end of the war/roughly nine month from now? Cast your votes.

(Yes I know but thats the whole idea okay?)

None of the above. But looking into my crystal ball, here is what I see.

6 months from now, Iraq will see the rise of several resistance groups each claiming to speak for the people of Iraq.

America will accidently bomb its own people as well as loyal Iraqis, there will be a cover up and the Mujahaddin will be blamed..

Tensions between Syria & America will rise due to America's claim ( backed by photo's ) that Saddam is being sheltered there.

The Kurds in the north will elect their own interim leader who increasingly agitates for independence. Turkey starts to get nervous and a number of cross border skirmishes ignite.

In the meantime Prime Minister Tony Blair will resign due to internal Labor party politics & the English Parliament will order the phased withdrawl of its troops.

2 years from now, the Baath party resistance groups will start slugging it out with the more Islamic resistance groups..But this time the Baathists will lose.

At the same time America will have kicked Bush out of office. With the loss of over 500 soldiers, americans decide to hand to whole control over to the UN with the greater influence being relegated to surrounding countries..including Iran..etc

2 to 3 years from now, in the first general Iraqi elections, a coalition of fundamentalist parties sweeps into office on the promise of healing all past mistakes.

Iraq & Iran sign a non aggression peace accord. Shite & Sunni's seek to heal their differences..but it comes at a cost...

As a result of the election, America withdraws.. claiming that the outcome was fair and proof of its non anti-islam stand.

5 years from now french fries are finally allowed to be put back on the menu in McDonalds...

And that my friends is the real biggy..
  • Reply 3 of 8
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
  • Reply 4 of 8
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    That was good shetline

• Reply 5 of 8
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    No it wasn´t. Its old.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote: