CD Burning in Panther

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi All,

Been reading here for a bit, really nice forum. Anyway, does anyone know, or have any speculation if Panther will have native multi-session cdrw burning?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    I can't figure out how to do multi-session burning in panther natively yet, but at least, it creates a session without closing the CD, it seems.

Anyone else know?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    It should be in Disk Copy. When you burn the disk there should be an option to create multiple sessions. Then, next you burn data to the disk. the 'burn' button changes to something else...I forget the exact wording.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Ah yes, found it! In Disk Utility, which is the old Disk Utility and Disc Copy merged, there is an option to "Leave disc appendable". That should do the job quite well!

However, the equivalent dialogue in the Finder does not have this option, hence the session will be closed. Peh
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Perhaps, but I think that under Jag, the 'Burn' button changes from 'burn' to 'append' or something like that....you just have to burn additional sessions through Disk Copy and not the Finder.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Zapchud said:

"Ah yes, found it! In Disk Utility, which is the old Disk Utility and Disc Copy merged, there is an option to "Leave disc appendable". That should do the job quite well!"

Where is this? In 7B44 I could not find this.

The Mac OS needs to handle multi session burning better. It must be as good as or better than windows.