AppleOutsider appreciation

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'd just like to take a moment to say how much I enjoy the debates / arguments / slagging matches that we get in AppleOutsider. I have found few internet bulletin boards where there are enough posters of opposing viewpoints to carry on much of a debate. Generally, it seems that a board will have a distinct political bias, so instead of five pages of opinion and discussion on a topic all you have to read is five pages of people agreeing with each other / shouting down a single dissenting voice.

I may think some of you are crazy...but it is still interesting to hear what you have to say.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

I'd just like to take a moment to say how much I enjoy the debates / arguments / slagging matches that we get in AppleOutsider. I have found few internet bulletin boards where there are enough posters of opposing viewpoints to carry on much of a debate. Generally, it seems that a board will have a distinct political bias, so instead of five pages of opinion and discussion on a topic all you have to read is five pages of people agreeing with each other / shouting down a single dissenting voice.

I may think some of you are crazy...but it is still interesting to hear what you have to say.

I really take issue with what you are saying here. Your theory regarding AppleOutsider is outrageous. What gives you the right to say any of this? You and your superior Euro/American brain. I mean how does any of this relate to the war, evolution, or Scott?s SUV? Oh wow, do you not get it. Recant, reformulate, or leave.

Uh?just kidding.
  • Reply 2 of 16
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Quote:

I agree... whoops!
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:

"at least a balanced spectrum of idiots, unlike homogeneity of idiots elsewhere"

uh... thanks?

• Reply 5 of 16
    And despite our differences, we all love each other very much.

Oh can you feel the love tonight? (sings at the top of his voice).

Scott, SDW, Groverat,Trumptman --I want to bear your children. Well, that's not technically possible...but the message should be clear.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

"at least a balanced spectrum of idiots, unlike homogeneity of idiots elsewhere"

Succinctly put
  • Reply 7 of 16
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    We generally have a good time, but a lot of people here still need to learn NOT to insult those who have a different opinion than theirs.

Really, how many times have you seen the following sentence here?:

"Even though I completely disagree with you, I respect your opinion."

Not often. \

Instead, it's "How could you be so blind?! Only an idiot would think that Bush is a good president! You're ignorance is appalling -- but I guess we can expect that from a fanatical right-wing Christian freak."

You all know who you are.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    This forum is pretty interesting most days. I will say that if some people could just ease back on their political-party-bashing throttle... there would be far fewer "idiotic" statements made on the whole. Most of the "noise" in here comes from partisan finger-pointing (both directions).

And damnit, I'm tired of being stuck in the middle. Bad enough I have to duck the slings and arrows of misfortune, I have to dodge all of the bullets you fire at each other too. Pity the poor moderate, the fulcrum of American democracy!

• Reply 9 of 16
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chinney

And despite our differences, we all love each other very much.

Oh can you feel the love tonight? (sings at the top of his voice).

Scott, SDW, Groverat,Trumptman --I want to bear your children. Well, that's not technically possible...but the message should be clear.

Sorry I'm with Bunge. We've got Shawn locked in the attic.

Nick
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Sorry I'm with Bunge. We've got Shawn locked in the attic.

Nick

Actually, I could see Shawn as being the product of that union.

And you would want to keep him locked up...at least until he turns 18.

• Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chinney

Actually, I could see Shawn as being the product of that union.

And you would want to keep him locked up...at least until he turns 18.

He is over 18. (physically that is) He is locked up anyway. He tried to believe he could be an enlightened white male when we know all white males are naturally oppressive.

We figured it was for the good of society as a whole.

Nick
  • Reply 12 of 16
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Trumpet, man do you have an axe to grind or what? I like it! Too true most of the time.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

We generally have a good time, but a lot of people here still need to learn NOT to insult those who have a different opinion than theirs.

Really, how many times have you seen the following sentence here?:

Not often. \

Instead, it's "How could you be so blind?! Only an idiot would think that Bush is a good president! You're ignorance is appalling -- but I guess we can expect that from a fanatical right-wing Christian freak."

You all know who you are.

Quote:

Sounds like something I say often actually
  • Reply 14 of 16
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

He is over 18. (physically that is) He is locked up anyway. He tried to believe he could be an enlightened white male when we know all white males are naturally oppressive.

We figured it was for the good of society as a whole.

Nick

*shh!*

You won't say anything in a parent-teacher conference, will you?

• Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

*shh!*

You won't say anything in a parent-teacher conference, will you?

No. I will still list you as Shawn Juarez so you can continue to take advantage of all the affirmative action scholarships you have.

• Reply 16 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

Trumpet, man do you have an axe to grind or what? I like it! Too true most of the time.

I have no idea to what you are referring.

However you are welcome to start a betting pool on what I would do and to who with a well sharpened ax.

Nick