My 1.8 shipped way early!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Wow, my 1.8 GHZ G5 shipped WAY early! My estimated date was 9/9/03. Here is what I ordered (standard 1.8 machine):

1.8GHz PowerPC G5

512MB DDR400 (PC3200) - 2x256

160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm

Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra

56k V.92 Internal Modem

Apple Keyboard & Mouse

I can't wait!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    Congrats for being one of the few lucky ones to receive the G5. What kind of shipping did you opt for, when would you be receiving it. Do post some photographs of it. Congratulations again, it's almost like Christmas.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Sptember the 9th!? And this is called early? Oh, man...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by alligator

Wow, my 1.8 GHZ G5 shipped WAY early! My estimated date was 9/9/03. Here is what I ordered (standard 1.8 machine):

1.8GHz PowerPC G5

512MB DDR400 (PC3200) - 2x256

160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm

Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra

56k V.92 Internal Modem

Apple Keyboard & Mouse

I can't wait!

Hi I work for Apple shipping dept, that was an accident it was supposed to go to a needy orphanage. what is your address so I can stop by and pick it up for them?

• Reply 4 of 7
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Wow, my 1.8 GHZ G5 shipped WAY early! My estimated date was 9/9/03. Here is what I ordered (standard 1.8 machine)...

I can't wait!

You say the G5 shipped, past tense, then you say you can't wait -- this is somewhat confusing. Are you saying you got a notification that your G5 has been shipped, past tense, meaning the G5 was shipped on or before today's date of 8/27/03, but hasn't shown up on your doorstep yet? Or are you merely getting excited about a future-tense promised-to-be ship date of 9/9/03?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Sorry for the confusion, it shipped on 8/26/03. It wasn't scheduled to ship until 9/9/03. Fed Ex hasn't given an estimated delivery date yet.

In other words, it is EARLY!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    kupan787kupan787 Posts: 586member
    Quote:

Sorry for the confusion, it shipped on 8/26/03. It wasn't scheduled to ship until 9/9/03. Fed Ex hasn't given an estimated delivery date yet.

In other words, it is EARLY!

WTF. I ordered the exact same machine (right after keynote), and it is scheduled for "on or before 8/29" and I have yet to hear a word. I am starting to get really pissed at Apple. My brother needs this for school (he is graphic design major), and has already gone a week with no machine.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    All 1.6 and 1.8 G5's at the Apple Store now show 7-10 bus. days for shipping time. Yesterday it was 4-6 weeks for the models, and 5-7 weeks for the 2.0DP's, which are now 4-6 weeks. Apple's elves must have made a heck of a lot of 1.6 and 1.8 models last night!