I Touched It!( hah!)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Typing this from the Walt Whitman NY Apple Store.

There is a G5 on a rotating platform in the window on display, it's the only one they have.

Stunning, looks like a high end amplifier, it has the nicest "back" of a computer I've ever seen.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolmac

Typing this from the Walt Whitman NY Apple Store.

There is a G5 on a rotating platform in the window on display, it's the only one they have.

Stunning, looks like a high end amplifier, it has the nicest "back" of a computer I've ever seen.

Congrads! You must feel like a pilgrim making a pelgramage to the Sacred G5's Temple of Holiness!

or something like that.

So no G5s available for purchase, and no "real" demo. Darn.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    weird that long island has it but no ones reporting that the NYC apple store has it \
  • Reply 3 of 13
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    ROFL

I heard a song on the radio yesterday which is an old re-hash of MC Hammer's "You Can't Touch This" called "I Touched It" by Tricky Nicky... err... your title just reminded me
  • Reply 4 of 13
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    I know what my G5is going to say "Touch Me" Samantha Fox. Where are you my love, my G5.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    hehehe...

Just thinking about what I'll buy soon makes me think of the Divynl's song "I Touch Myself"

err... wee bit off, I'll say no more :P
  • Reply 6 of 13
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Orlando Apple store has a 1.6ghz G5 and I touched it yesterday
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Orlando Apple store has a 1.6ghz G5 and I touched it yesterday

Was it good for you?

((Hey, don't look at me that way...the thread poster started it... I wondered what kind of depraved thread I was coming into...with all that 'I touched it...' business...))

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Boca Raton Apple Store has one. They didn't put it in the window but in the G5 section. Stunning. Case is beautifully built. The latch worked fine on the side. We took the inside cover off and the fans all went on full power. Put it back on and they slowed down to a whisper. A work of industrial art. Next week they expect a whole bunch of them.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    It kind of makes one think of " 2001 A Space Odyssey " when the apes touch the monolith ( you'll notice in the movie later on the astronauts on the moon do the same thing ).
  • Reply 10 of 13
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Just got back to the office, as far as it being good for me, yeah my eyes rolled back in my head (lol)!!

But seriously, the G5 is really stunning, all the photos you've seen don't do it justice.

It exudes class, not like the Alienwares & Voodoos of the PC world.

What's Apple gonna do to top this?
  • Reply 11 of 13
    well before they top it they need to focus on getting everyone there machines
  • Reply 12 of 13
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

weird that long island has it but no ones reporting that the NYC apple store has it \

The soho store had one on the rotating display in the window yesterday. But still no demo unit yet.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wotan

The soho store had one on the rotating display in the window yesterday. But still no demo unit yet.

Maybe it's just an empty shell, left over after the rumored recall of G5s with door problems. An empty shell with its door epoxied into place so it won't fall off.