17" Powerbook - Gap between base & lid?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Howdy,

I've had my 17" PB for about a month now, and am seriously in love with the thing (except for the occasional nightmares about the G5 Powerbook being announced & available immediately)... the only issue (concern) I've had is the 1-2mm gap that exists between the lid & the base when it is closed. I've read in various places that this is normal, and I let the issue go at the beginning, when the gap was an even 1mm all the way around.

But recently I've noticed the gap has grown a bit around the front edge, and my paranoia flared up again... there has always been a noticeable give (movement down & springing back up) when I press down on the lid where the latch is, which is something I have yet to see discused anywhere- is that something to be concerned about? I guess I'm just looking for reassurances that "everything is ok", and that this isn't going to lead to more/worse problems...

BTW, this is the right forum for this question, right?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    As it is still in warranty, and if you bought it at a dealer, the best reassurance you can get is to take it back there. Not only might they be able to look at it and make suggestions, but it gives you the chance to compare it other 17" PowerBooks.