Smileys - anyone talented at their creation?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm redesigning my site, and I'd like some new smileys for the bulletin board. However, I'm not very good at making them. So far, I've been using the default ones. But they're all the same colour (yellow), and not very imaginative.

Is anyone here talented at making them? I very much like the AppleInsider set - anyone know who did them? Failing that, anyone know any sites with free ones that can be used?

Amorya

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Spart created all of the new smilies here at AI (with some help from Jonathan and some cookie-feeding from Brad) during The Great vB Transition?.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I actually made the "original" set of smilies for the vB AppleInsider, but on yet another drunken trip, Jon asked Spart to redo them. I also made a set of smilies for Adium a long time ago. I don't have an image handy, but you can probably find them via google or something. I posted them under the name "starfleetX", my old handle from a couple years ago. Of course, I'm too busy these days to do requests or something like that.

Here was version 0.1 for AI vB:

As for free smilies? Eh, I'm not sure where to point you. There are lots of interesting ones at www.mysmilies.com.