Any way to limit uploads with Poisoned

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

My provider allows me to download 13 GB and upload 1.95 GB of data per month. Now, being deprived of the iTMS service here in Europe (till macexpo Paris, hopefully ), I resorted to the excellent little app called Poisoned, which fullfills my needs quite well, thankyouverymuch ( well, apart from the bad karma , that is

I've been trying to find out how I can limit my uploads automatically, but I haven't been very successfull.

On top of that, people have been d/ling quite a lot of stuff off my HD, but I cannot find any trace of these uploads (my prefs are set not to auto delete uploads BTW)

Now, I don't mind sharing at all, but it really is a pain when I exceed my upload volume because my provider automatically reduces my bandwith to the bare minimum....and that is sloooooooow

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    you're sharing your entire HD? not just selected folders?

you've gone in the preferences and set the max. # of downloads to 3 or 2 or 1?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    At first, I just shared my iTunes folder. But as opposed to acquisition, poisoned does not allow you to set max uploads to 0, so I did not select any folder and set max uploads to #1. Would that imply that I am sharing my entire HD?

Another question, any idea why I cannot find any trace of uploads in my poisoned client? Is there a way of keeping track of uploads via the system?

thanks
  • Reply 3 of 6
    so in preferences>uploads you have no file designated? the shared files section is blank?

what are your sharing preferences set at?

system preferences>sharing
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I'll have to check what I'm sharing when I'm back at home in about an hour.

Thanks for your answers so far
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I just checked. Personal file sharing and Firewall are off in my system prefs.

I really have no idea where all the uploaded data went and especially, what did people download from my HD? My main screen in Poisoned also says " sharing 0 files 0,00 GB .

Does the system keep a log of uploads and downloads, and if yes, where can I find it?

Manu
  • Reply 6 of 6
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I don't believe that OS X had an up/download log, but you can see current connections by typing "netstat -p tcp" in the terminal.

You can also use OS X's built in firewall to limit upload speeds... I've never done it but I believe it can be done. Check "man ipfw" in the terminal.