iTunes library manually?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
The ID3 tags in my iTunes library are insane. I recognize that there is no internal option for iTunes to list my music by my manual folder structure. I don't want to edit my ID3 tags. The outlook is bleak.

Can anyone point me to a plug-in to solve this?

<rant>

What is god's name is apple doing sometimes? There is no way to view folders globally as lists, there is no hotkey to prevent the dock from popping up, safari has not the ability to edit helper applications... I've been using X for 3 days and I am very pleased in general, but the little things it lacks are... lacking.

</rant>

P.S. If anyone knows of a non-visual iTunes plug-in framework I will write one.

RSVP, godspeed!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    there must be a method to somehow do this. someone knows. stop keeping it from me. you're tearing me apart.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by asdfzxc

The ID3 tags in my iTunes library are insane. I recognize that there is no internal option for iTunes to list my music by my manual folder structure. I don't want to edit my ID3 tags. The outlook is bleak.

Can anyone point me to a plug-in to solve this?

i got a kludge-type idea: make some playlists, with the names of ur folders. then add the items from the folders into those playlists.

Quote:

P.S. If anyone knows of a non-visual iTunes plug-in framework I will write one.

unfortunately, i dont think apple opened up very much of itunes in their sdk. there is an sdk avail at http://developer.apple.com (search for itunes and its like the first or second link), but its only intended for visual plugins. there is also a driver sdk so you can write device drivers, and its possibly to hack that into some kind of more better UI for yourself, but don't distribute it. cuz apple gets annoyed when people misuse their sdks.