iDVD disc ejects during burn

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a powermac g4 867 with 640 megabytes of ram, running OS X 10.2.6 and iDVD 2.1

For some reason, when i try to burn a dvd using idvd, When the program gets to stage 4, multiplexing and burning, the disc ejects. The program just sits like nothing happened... The progress bar stays animated, and it just remains at "time remaining: about 1 minutes." I pushed the tray back in, and nothing happens... I can't find out anything from apple's support pages, and it is really bothering me, because I owe a project that I was supposed to have done about a month ago, and I want to sell my computer and I need to make sure the Superdrive works....

PLEASE HELP!!!! Thank you Obi Wan, you're our only hope

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I"d reinstall iDVD. Some extension has to be messed up or missing. I would think that a error is occuring but it doesn't show it on iDVD.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Altivec_2.0

I"d reinstall iDVD. Some extension has to be messed up or missing. I would think that a error is occuring but it doesn't show it on iDVD.

i'll try that and get back to you... I own idvd 3, but the cd is missing, but i think i've found a person who took it from me, so i am maybe getting that back in a few hours, so if idvd 2 won't work (still) i'll install idvd 3 again.

anyhow, i'll post the outcome