Apple Computer's Serious Shipping Problems

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok Apple computer has some serious shipping problems, as we all know they have constantly delayed the G5 shipping dates. But my experience has been with the powerbook and ipod both of which I ordered on the same day from the edu store. Powerbook 15 isnt expected to ship unill 9/8/03 and the ipod...the brand new ipod of which there should be plenty of in stock is not shipping untill 9/22/03. Am i crazy for wanting a product i purchase to be at my house within a weeks time?

Seriously Ridiculous.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    The Apple online store is good for those who do not have a store nearby, and only those.

Reason why I do my purchasing at an Apple store or Apple retailer. Waiting for more than 2 days for a product that should be on the shelf in this day and age is... well... "Seriously Ridiculous"

Perhaps it's done on purpose. If you go to the store you might see and get other stuff you may "need."
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

The Apple online store is good for those who do not have a store nearby, and only those.

Reason why I do my purchasing at an Apple store or Apple retailer. Waiting for more than 2 days for a product that should be on the shelf in this day and age is... well... "Seriously Ridiculous"

Perhaps it's done on purpose. If you go to the store you might see and get other stuff you may "need."

That may be but no other online company i deal with seems to have such inept shipping. It just bugs me thats all.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    The G5 ship date (at least for the dual 2.0's) keeps getting bumped because Apple has focused on getting them out to more prominent customers first.

Story here

Quote:

From Article:

"Apple notified some customers this week that their dual processor Power Mac G5 machines would be delayed, as the company shifts its priorities to certain educational institutions. "

I for one think this is a good idea.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

The G5 ship date (at least for the dual 2.0's) keeps getting bumped because Apple has focused on getting them out to more prominent customers first.

Story here

I for one think this is a good idea.

I am not bagging Apple for supplying educational accounts first, I am simply stating that it should not take 3 weeks to get a boody iPod.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    The truth of the matter is, if you advertise it and officially sell the item, then you should always have it in stock. There's almost no good reason for Apple to not have their own items in stock or accessible to ship to people when they purchase them, be it online or whatever.

If you can't get the item out to people as advertised, don't advertise it like you will.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NEMESIS

Powerbook 15 isnt expected to ship unill 9/8/03

Try and guess why

Quote:

and the ipod...the brand new ipod of which there should be plenty of in stock is not shipping untill 9/22/03.

There are NOT plenty of iPods in stock - they are still selling more than they can produce.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    I ordered a 30GB iPod through the developer store. It came in less than a week.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

I ordered a 30GB iPod through the developer store. It came in less than a week.

I've been waiting for two months and Denmark is not the only country outside the US where the situation is like that.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    My iPod took about 5 or 6 days to arrive from Apple's Online Store (Ireland) - it was listed as 2 - 3 weeks though.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ernest eMac

My iPod took about 5 or 6 days to arrive from Apple's Online Store (Ireland) - it was listed as 2 - 3 weeks though.

Yep, Apple Store customers seem to get first priority - I know a few who have ordered through Apple Store after my order at my dealer, and they have had them for a while now.

It's kind of sad to see that every music store in Denmark haven't had iPods on display or for sale since March.

And AFAIK there have been major problems in countries like Australia too.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

I am not bagging Apple for supplying educational accounts first, I am simply stating that it should not take 3 weeks to get a boody iPod.

iPod stocks are apparently quite low as they've been selling very well. Not overly surprised 15" Powerbook stocks are low either.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wayne Lau

The truth of the matter is, if you advertise it and officially sell the item, then you should always have it in stock. There's almost no good reason for Apple to not have their own items in stock or accessible to ship to people when they purchase them, be it online or whatever.

If you can't get the item out to people as advertised, don't advertise it like you will.

Exactly.