Erratic Powerbook Power Supply

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my (1 month old) 17PB's power plug light, while plugged in & sleeping, had gone dead. When I woke it up, the 'book did not know it was plugged in & was busy calculating how much battery life was left. I just happened to get inspired to plug the power cord into another outlet on my surge strip, which fixed the problem. It has now happened about 3 more times, always while plugged in & sleeping, and the 'book is running on battery power when awakened. Now I don't even have to change outlets - I just unplug & plug, and the power supply is recognized again (always at the outlet, though; doing it on the 'book itself does nothing). Is this... bad? The only apple dealers/service centers around me are very inconveniently located & even harder to get to with a 3-month old in tow, and I'm willing to live with a lot as long as there are no negative long-term effects to the machine itself...

My apologies if this is a topic that has been discussed already & long since put to rest- I am a newbie here (especially Genius Bar - I've spent ridiculous amounts of time at Future Hardware) & I just bought this powerbook : )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Dude, you're content to live with annoying problems in a $3,500 machine that is a month old?

Get apple to fix it before it either escalates or your Applecare expires.

Do it!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aw heck, when you put it like that...