Joining two ADSL lines.

newnew
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is there any way to join two separate ADSL lines into one network? And then share the load between the two lines.

I'm moving to a new place, which already have an ADSL line, but it will cost me more to stop my subscribed service than to move it. (about 125$ Vs. 60$)

Even though we subscribe to the same service-provider, they refuse to join our lines. Bastards.

Is it possible? What kind of equipment will be needed?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I remember this thing being possible with 56k modems. Where you could have multiple lines, each with a seperate subscription, then when all the modems have dialled in you could share the lines as one.

you could try connecting 2 adsl routers together so that your eth con can travell between the 2. Not sure if you need any software to utilise the lines to efficiency or whether you just supply the 2 gateways in network prefs or script.

its possible but your computer might think different
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    There is an internet router that takes both dsl and cable modem connections at the same time. You could use 2 DSL lines with it. I'll look for the link-thingy.

EDIT: Here you go. Linky-linky
  • Reply 3 of 3
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

There is an internet router that takes both dsl and cable modem connections at the same time. You could use 2 DSL lines with it. I'll look for the link-thingy.

EDIT: Here you go. Linky-linky

Thanx! The good thing about this is that my upload speed will be screaming (for ADSL that is). :-)