Har Har! RIAA gives us another knee slapper.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This has to be a joke.

Amnesty my ass. You have to send all that stuff with a copy of your ID? Whatever, that's asking for RIAA to start sticking their nose into your business.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I think the RIAA is running a particularly smooth campaign that is based on nothing but fear. Baseless fear at that. Terrorism if you will (move the people by scaring them). How stupid their ideas might sound to technologically alphabetised people, they do not sound as a joke at all to many who know too little about computers and the internet to connect the dots. They do believe that someone is watching them. And they don't stop and realise that they have a greater chance of winning some high-stakes lottery than being caught and put to trial by the RIAA.

It shows how shrewd the RIAA really is, and at the same time, it shows how evil they are. Banking on fear. What a lawyery thing to do. I'm sure that the RIAA top dogs will burn and shrivel in their wholesome American Christian hell.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Amnesty my ass. You have to send all that stuff with a copy of your ID? Whatever, that's asking for RIAA to start sticking their nose into your business.

n 1: a period during which offenders are exempt from punishment 2: a warrant granting release from punishment for an offense [syn: pardon] 3: the formal act of liberating someone [syn: pardon, free pardon] v : grant a pardon to (a group of people)

And from the article:

"the amnesty program would apply only to alleged infringers who have not yet been sued by the RIAA or identified by Internet service providers as a result of the RIAA's subpoena process. Additionally, RIAA amnesty applies solely to sound-recording infringement. The file sharer still could be held liable for infringing upon the underlying music composition. "

"Each household member who is an infringer would have to fill out an amnesty form, have it notarized and mail it to the RIAA with a copy of a photo ID."

How is this amnesty?

Hey, you, NapsterBoy! You came to us thinking we might have something on you. Well, we do now! Delete everything, fill in this form, smile for the camera, and MAYBE you won't be held liable.