There was a death in my family today.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Almost 3 years old, and I had to kill her with a razor blade today. I felt horrible. After I killed her, I cleaned up the goo with some WD-40, then hot soapy water. You can just barely tell that she existed at all, if you look at the glass at just the right angle.

I am speaking of course, of my white Apple sticker. Poor girl, living life to the fullest in the lower right hand corner of my back window... cut down right in her prime.

She was brutally vandalized last week while on a trip. We came back from a swim at a small beach to find that the unthinkable had happened. There, in the center of my precious sticker, was a freshly scraped cock and balls.

The sticker was too old and baked on to peel off, so I was reduced to continuing the vandalism further - adding eyes, a mouth, a freaky hairdo... anything, in an attempt to remove the "cock and balls-ness" of the drawing.

And today, in a ceremony performed at 3:00pm Mountain Time, attended by only myself, she was laid to rest. Her rolled up bits were tossed into the garbage at 3:06.

I wept.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I feel for ya, bro. Got a 3 year old myself. After that many summers, winters, snow, salt and car washes...she's completely transparent. Not a speck of white left on her, but I can't bring myself to pull out the blade.

My heartfelt condolences. May the cock and balls bastards choke on their own.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

May the cock and balls bastards choke on their own.

Small objects alway present an airway hazard...
  • Reply 3 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Heh. I was just telling my fiancee (who wanted a sticker from my .mac box for her own!) that they don't come off easy. Sorry to hear about the passing, murbot. But surely you can get another to replace her? What, you must have a few hundred by now, right?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    How can you talk about a dead apple sticker the day after warren dies???
  • Reply 5 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    The rainbow striped sticker in the rear window of my Jeep is finally succumbing to the same fate that everything in the South faces... mildew. :P

Six years though.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Well, having extra stickers around isn't a problem. I think I had 36 at last count.

• Reply 7 of 9
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    For those actually looking for replacement stickers..this site has em..but at a price ..ouch

Also you can get a car licence plate holder...etc

I'd like a " G5 under the hood " sticker

http://www.missingbyte.com/

Look in the " More cool stuff " section
  • Reply 8 of 9
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

I'd like a " G5 under the hood " sticker

I've got a pile of the old 'I'd rather be driving a Macintosh' stickers with the rainbow apple. Never could quite figure out what that meant.