Aqua look for my olde girl

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My olde girl Dora ( LC-475 ) wants to spruce up her looks.

Now there is a challenge.

She said she doesn't want to run Kaliedoscope..Yuk.

But she sooo loves those cute aqua-buttons..& aqua folders..

Any ideas.?

Any downloads that might help her in her quest for eternal youth?

She says she just wants an aqua look ie folders etc etc...( she gets a tad envious of the youngins )..nothing to deep as to mess with her 68k heart...

What's a guy to do ?

Ps she is running OS 8 and she is a peach..\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Have a look at The Iconfactory. They have a variety of free icons for systems as far back as 7.5 (look in their "Warehouse" for the old ones). You can copy and paste icons for folders and applications or use tools they offer (some free, some for sale) to replace system icons.

Some spiffy new folders and app icons might be just what your a-Dora-ble computer needs.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Voxapps

Have a look at The Iconfactory. They have a variety of free icons for systems as far back as 7.5 (look in their "Warehouse" for the old ones). You can copy and paste icons for folders and applications or use tools they offer (some free, some for sale) to replace system icons.

Some spiffy new folders and app icons might be just what your a-Dora-ble computer needs.

Thanx Vox,

I actually tried Icon factory recently, as far as I can tell, they don't have anything that remotely resembles the "Aqua" look..

I know that Apple in their infinite wisdom

came down heavy on anyone copying their pride & joy..

Alternately, I was thinking of hacking ( err tinkering ) the system with resedit ( the tool of choice ) to physically alter the look of the windows etc...but don't feel to sure of my footing.

Pity I can't find a 3rd party themes manager that works for OS 8.

I wonder if someone in the Ai Brains trust might know of one...