Apple's Secret Prototype Revealed!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

They're not from the same machine. That picture of the back was the only picture of that type that had a large version, so I used it. Click the link in my previous post to see ALL the pictures.

EDIT: Here's the back of the SE/30

...but...but....

it's melted!
  • Reply 22 of 35
    That is so cool. I have 3 original-style Macs at home that I've been looking to do something with. 1 SE/30, 1 Mac Classic and 1 Mac 128k.

I was going to turn 1 into an Aquarium, now I know what I'll do with the second one. Woohoo.

Know what to do with the 3rd one? \
  • Reply 23 of 35
    yeah dude, this forum was getting pretty dry. People need to have fun and laugh once and a while. It would have been funny had they cut a cd insert slot in the fron of the machine. I also wonder if this thing has seperate thermal zones. Do you think they put 9 fans in it? I bet it gets pretty hot.

I wish they would put the internals of an imac into a LISA. That machine was beautiful

I had a LISA back in kindergarden. We'd play on it for hours.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    P.S....

Do you think thats an optical mouse?
  • Reply 25 of 35
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I always had a sweet spot for the Color Classic II. I'd buy one today.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    Well, since Matsu hasn't posted here yet, I'll go ahead and step in for him...."Once again, Apple has put out a unit that is woefully overpriced. One can log onto Dell.com and find a P4 AIO with similar specs for about half the price that Apple is attempting to peddle this unit for."
  • Reply 27 of 35
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I'm not kiddin: they should modify the old Classic chassis just a bit to make it more sleak looking (and cooling-friendly), then plop a modified iMac mobo in there and sell it for the 20th anniversary of the Mac.

[Goldbloom] "Introducing the 1.6 GHz Mac Classic G4... the world's oldest and newest Macintosh. Thank you, for 20 great years Apple..." [/Goldbloom]

There are so many parents and grandparents out there that this would be the perfect gift for. Hell, I might buy one just based on principle alone! TOTALLY cool idea if you ask me. Classic chassis, modern OS. Nice....

• Reply 28 of 35
    There's no need to change motherboard in Macintosh classic just put parallel port or ethernet card new hard drive new floppy new cpu processor new Ram usb adapter mac restore disks parallel or win 7 
  • Reply 29 of 35
    If you install mac os 7.0 restore disks on a vintage IBM it would be so fast in speed that it would make Macintosh go out of business
  • Reply 30 of 35
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    Awesome thread necro for most senseless posts ever. 

Almost Star-Trek level tech gibberish. It sounds like it could mean something, but it's actually complete nonsense. 

Well done! 
  • Reply 31 of 35
    The old os before OSX did still have right click feturees
  • Reply 32 of 35
    You know what would be cool to install freedos on a MacBook pro
  • Reply 33 of 35
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    Please don't post while stoned.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    Is this better then Apple I computer
  • Reply 35 of 35
    The Macintosh classic was a great computer back in the day. I had the classic 2 a long time ago.