moved: I want a Powerbook

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I want to be able to build web pages, do digital photography, create and edit digital video, organize my 11GB's of music AND write the Great American novel on a Mac. Preferebly the Powerbook. There's something about the coolness of this machine that says to me I can accomplish all this and have lots of fun doing it.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how I should customize my Powerbook when I get it?

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: O-Mac ]

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by O-Mac:

<strong>I want to be able to build web pages, do digital photography, create and edit digital video, organize my 11GB's of music AND write the Great American novel on a Mac. Preferebly the Powerbook. There's something about the coolness of this machine that says to me I can accomplish all this and have lots of fun doing it.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how I should customize my Powerbook when I get it?

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: O-Mac ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

1. Buy the fastest Powerbook you can afford.

2. Add gobs of memory. You can never have 2 much

3. For editing checkout Adobe Elements 2 or Photoshop there of course are others but these are popular. Photoshop is Pro level.

4. Buy Word for a Word Processor. It's kind of the defacto standard.

5. iTunes will have you set for music. Stick around here..we'll help you spend your ducats right

• Reply 2 of 4
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    O-Mac... since you're a newbie to AI, try to follow posting guidelines when possible... this definitely should not be in FH. This more likely should be in General Discussion, or maybe Current Hardware.

As for advice, I pretty much agree with hmurchison
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i would buy the fastest PB u can while still having 384 or higher RAM and 60GB HD. i'd worry about an extra battery 3rd. 4th i'd get a different mouse if u plan on doing any serious PS work.

u can save money but not buying word...though since ur not allowed to promote piracy here...you should obtain it.

photoshop is really expensive and you could pirate that (like anything) but this is one thing i wouldn't fully suggest since i like adobe...and photoshop is one thing that i like alot. i got it free from work though since i do work at home.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Purchasing advice belongs in General Discussion.

Moving now...