12" PB external Monitor

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Any recommendations for a VGA monitor to be used with the 12" PB? What have others used?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    The external monitor i'm using with my 12" PB is a leftover from an old PC we had knocking around, I managed to salvage the monitor before we got rid of the rest of the computer.

It's an IBM PS/1 (Manufactured in 1993!)

It's only 800x600 @ 60Hz but in millions of colours. It's not used as the main monitor, just for putting stuff that I don't want on my main powerbook screen, usually I have Mail, iTunes and MSN Messenger (yeah I know, but all my mates use it so there's not much choice).

I have to say this is the first time i've had the hardware to run a dual screen set up but I think it's great. (Did anyone see Hugh Jackman in Swordfish with his multi screen setup, that just popped into my head)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I use a 19inch Dell flat panel LCD that I have from my PC.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    teddyteddy Posts: 155member
    I am running a external 15" LCD on my 12" PowerBook at school and was wondering if I could use it with the lid closed. It says you can in the apple support docs but it scares me because of the amount of heat the left side above the hard drive releases..??? Thanks for any input.

Teddy
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I am using 3 19" CRT's on my 2 machines.... (2 on the pc (Micron), the middle on on my mac (Viewsonic)... If you happened to be interested in anything there, pm me or something lol, as I am selling them for a good price. (Have to 'cuz of going to college next year) If you run the laptop with the lid closed, just make sure it has adequate spacing all around it. It was designed to run like this, so it should not have a problem.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Teddy

I am running a external 15" LCD on my 12" PowerBook at school and was wondering if I could use it with the lid closed. It says you can in the apple support docs but it scares me because of the amount of heat the left side above the hard drive releases..??? Thanks for any input.

Teddy

what you can do its close it so the screen turns off, then leave the lid open like a little bit, just so the screen isn't touching anything.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

what you can do its close it so the screen turns off, then leave the lid open like a little bit, just so the screen isn't touching anything.

this is what I do to omit the heat problem.