NFL: WORST officiating EVER

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
see: tampa bay vs. carolina

700 flags, they made the 3rd quarter unwatchable, and an overtime period that should be nail-biting is now utterly boring beyond belief.

the fans watching and in attendance should sue this bunch of jackasses.

(please note i am posting this before the end of the game, so it's not born out of who wins or loses... just a terrible, terrible example of officiating)

p.s. as a tampa native, i will say congratulations to the carolina panthers on their win. two blocked field goals and a blocked extra point, and an awesome punt return in overtime. but the officials STILL felt they had to throw a flag on EVERY DAMN PLAY. I have never seen a crew drive what should have been a fun game straight into the ground.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    As a lifetime Carolina resident Hell yeah! and a belated congrats to Tampa Bay for the great game and the Superbowl win last season. It feels good to have 2 reg. season wins against good teams.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

As a lifetime Carolina resident Hell yeah! and a belated congrats to Tampa Bay for the great game and the Superbowl win last season. It feels good to have 2 reg. season wins against good teams.

wait a minute...

Carolina: 2-0

Tampa Bay: 1-1

Atlanta: 1-1

New Orleans: 1-1

wow, can't say i saw that coming...
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Not to mention that we came outta the preseason with 5 wins. This maybe a good season to be a Panthers fan. Now if the Hurricanes can get back to the playoffs next season...
  • Reply 4 of 12
    amazing, chris berman and tom jackson just covered the game, and neglected to mention a single penalty. i believe the game was in contention for the most penalties ever. they got up to 40 or 41 flags, mostly in the second half. how do you not report that???

jesus tapdancin' christ

p.s. jake delhomme looks clutch, man. but he's gotta watch those almost-int's. he was lucky everyone was gassed by the fourth quarter and overtime from the heat. in the fall and winter, those will be picked off.

p.p.s. just to keep the thread on topic. "a rope! a tree! hang the referee!!!"
  • Reply 5 of 12
    I heard it was three flags under the record.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    now watch the crew for sunday night. these guys have been working forever (though the ref's name escapes me), so it should be well officiated, and allow the vikings to utterly destroy the bears.

please note: i am not a viking fan... just a bear-hater, from all those years they would destroy the bucs.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

now watch the crew for sunday night. these guys have been working forever

Yeah, better officiating, but unfortunately we have to listen to Theisman - that guy never fails to state the obvious or shut up for that matter.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Not to mention that we came outta the preseason with 5 wins. This maybe a good season to be a Panthers fan. .

All they gotta do now is change that lame looking panther black blob of a logo and get something that looks like a panther
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

All they gotta do now is change that lame looking panther black blob of a logo and get something that looks like a panther

they could do what nba teams do and change their logo every year (well, that's how it feels). i do hate the panther uniform and logo... just not something you can see being used 20 years from now.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Yeah, Black and Blue is color you don't want to be in a full contact sport.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Yeah, Black and Blue is color you don't want to be in a full contact sport.

lol
  • Reply 12 of 12
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

wait a minute...

Carolina: 2-0

Tampa Bay: 1-1

Atlanta: 1-1

New Orleans: 1-1

wow, can't say i saw that coming...

Even better...

Seahawks, 2-0

49ers, 1-1

Rams, 1-1

Cardinals, 0-2

Niners SHOULD be 2-0. God, what a terrible plot twist to end the game. A botched squib kick that bounces off a Rams kick return team member's face, fumbled and picked up by the Niners at midfield. Niners only need a field goal to win with the time left on the clock. Cedrick Wilson decides to try to be a hero and run a cross pattern after catching a ball deep into any kicker's field goal range...time runs out before he can call timeout when he had plenty of time to just take a knee after being touched by a defender.

Of course the Rams win in OT on one possession.