Uploading Photos to a Camera's Memory Card?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
is this possible?

I can't find any software to do it with.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I tried that once with my Canon D60. It never reconized the format. I guess it can't read simple JPEG's or adds some wierd thing to the files. I wanted to display pictures on a TV. (computer->memory card->Digital camera->TV output)
  • Reply 2 of 7
    that sucks.

all i want to do is put photos i took with the camera BACK on the camera.

i seem to remember doing this with Quicktakes years ago
  • Reply 3 of 7
    tried this with my sony cybershot.

the camera's memory stick is shown in the finder, placed some .jpgs into it; disconnected the camera - FAILURE!

the camera didn't recognized the re-written files.

obviously, the camera has its own file-system (you can see some strange named "extra" file besides the .jpgs...).

maybe some wise and clever guy can programm such a file-maker ;-)

i'm sure, you need this for every camera brand ;-(
  • Reply 4 of 7
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    No need for software other than Resedit..

The following proceedure works for me.

( I have a nikon coolpix 700 using standard compact flash cards..)

WORD of CAUTION

Do not use original images. Make a duplicate set to practice on.

Open each image in Resedit..

Resedit will state that your digital images do not have a " Resource Fork ".

It will ask if you want to add one.

Click yes.

Then it will open a resource window...Ignore it and just go to the resedit menu bar..click on " get info about image...abc etc " it will open up as a panel.

Check that the " creator " is "ogle". Check also that INIT is ticked.

If " use custom Icon " is ticked..click it off.

When you close Resedit it will ask if you want to save the changes ?

Click yes.

With my Nikon, the images have code names allocated eg " DSCN0012.JPG " or " DSCN0015.JPG"

Ensure you give them such names...in caps

My card reader displays two folders..one inside the other..I open the inner most one called "100NIKON" & copy the images into it.

I have tried this with images both in their " raw Quicktime state" and as thumbed jpg miniatures opened with Explorer and dragged to the desktop..

In both the raw & thumbed modes,both image files opened up beautifully in my Nikon..

With any luck, this method should work for other makes.

I should point out I haven't had any luck with internet images...as the resource fork created using resedit seems to be much bigger than for images made in camera..

I will research that aspect further....

Cheers..
  • Reply 5 of 7
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Does this work even after the original photos have been edited, i.e. redeye taken out, etc.?

I can't say...Tonton

Maybe someone else who has put their image through photoshop etc might be able to answer your question...

In the meantime, i will try a few other approaches..but the process outlined is ( in my opinion ) easy to carry out..

You might want to write an applet to batch process..but I'm happy to check my results one by one.

PS : I have noted that unclicking the " use custom icon " box returns any thumbsized images ( processed through explorer ) back into raw quicktime jpegs....