Scientists No Closer to Creating Life than 1950's

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
We're still waiting...

It's 50 years give or take..since two scientists Dr Stanley Miller & Dr Harold Urey stunned the world by creating organic compounds in their laboratory...

In effect they claimed that their experiments ( emulated the conditions back on earth billions of years past.) would lead to life in a test tube...

But their primordial "soup" has been cooking for 50 years or more..& quite frankly I really don't think we are any closer to creating life than we were then.

We certainly may undertand more about the conditions and even some aspects of the process..but at the end of the day, not a single self replicating strand of RNA has popped up...

I personally think there is much more going on than we actually understand..about how inert "organic" compounds can blossom into life..

Call it God's handiwork.. ( or whatever you please ) but I do believe there is some other organising principle behind " life " as we know it..& no amount of brewing up amino acids in a test tube is going to make it into the big book of " LIFF "