Buymusic.com???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So what's the news? Anyone seen any stats from the company? Is it a flop? Just curious... haven't seen a TV ad or a peep from them in a while.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

So what's the news? Anyone seen any stats from the company? Is it a flop? Just curious... haven't seen a TV ad or a peep from them in a while.

Since they're a private company, they don't have to tell us their sales figures, but they have said "it's not in the millions".
  • Reply 2 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i hope this stunt of theirs drives them out of business.

i bet right now they are saying "geez, we got tommy lee drunk and busting a guitar on national ads... what do we have to do for more publicity?"

answer: piss off the beatles. you'll get more free air time than you know what to do with. see: apple v. apple
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

Since they're a private company, they don't have to tell us their sales figures, but they have said "it's not in the millions".

That "not in the millions" comment was made a week after they went on line. They have not been tooting their horn since. That is not a good sign I'd suspect. Has anyone seen any tv or print ads since the original onslaught?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

That "not in the millions" comment was made a week after they went on line. They have not been tooting their horn since. That is not a good sign I'd suspect. Has anyone seen any tv or print ads since the original onslaught?

I saw one of their ads a few days ago, but it was a billboard in San Francisco.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Billboards are rented for a specific amount of time. TV ads and print ads are more expensive. I haven't seen a tv ad since the initial blitz. Betcha they're in trouble.