I can't believe it was a pirate!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I saw an add today in the classified ad section of my local newspaper. Wow - Photoshop 7 for $50. I figured it was someone really clueless about the value of Photoshop. I called, and the first bad news was that it was the Windows version. No problem, Adobe will let me swap it for the Mac version. So then I asked if he had the original disk, box, etc. His response:

"No, the reason I'm selling it for $50 is because it is a copy."

Stupid pirate. Got my hopes up for nothing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Dude, get the BSA on his ass. I have no problem with pirating stuff, but trying to profit from it. Tsk tsk.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

It's ad. AD. As in short for advertisement.

ADD is what you do when you hold up two fingers on one hand and three on the other and count them... one... two... three... four... five.

Forgive me if you know what two plus three is, but if you can misspell a two-letter word, anything is possible.

(Sorry, I'm in a really harsh mood today after being forced to watch Ray Romano on TV.)

It's a typo. Should be "ad". Why don't you unwind a little? Must every post on this forum turn into a fight?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Or if you can get a hold of someone at the BSA, then by all means!

It's "ahold," not "a hold." Come on!!

• Reply 4 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

I have no problem with pirating stuff, but trying to profit from it. Tsk tsk.

Ooooh....watch out for the thought police!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Ooooh....watch out for the thought police!

It's people like that who give hobbyists a bad name. Seriously, I just think that profiting from something like this SHOULD be illegal.
  • Reply 6 of 9
  • Reply 7 of 9
    The ad is no longer posted. I wonder why?