New 15" PowerBook Specs to Argue Over

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The Paris thread is a little long.

Anyway guys... we didn't have time to confirm these, but they came in about 5 hours ago. Couple specs on the 15" models from a source's source =P

15" 1GHz 60GB BT, FW 800

15" 1.25GHz 80GB BT, FW 800

I have no idea how authentic these are. And I would not bet anything on them. I do not have time to work to confirm them, so I'm just posting them here for the fun of it.

Cheers,

Kasper

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    bigger HDS do make sense, I mean they just massively increased the iMacs HD.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    10 months for THAT!!! The 80GB drives are nice, but damn, what a disappointment. Totally different from my sources.
  • Reply 3 of 28
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kasper

15" 1GHz 60GB BT, FW 800

15" 1.25GHz 80GB BT, FW 800

Macrumors had similar specs but wasn't sure if they were legit either.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    The question is 7457? and how much?

MSKR
  • Reply 5 of 28
    It's (sadly) looking more and more like the 7457 is vaporware and Apple is being forced to put the "desktop" 1.25 GHz G4s into the portables, heat and battery life be damned. It's either that or no update at all.

This is a super holdover update until the .09 G5s can go into the PBs early next year.

You know, just because the laptop section of the Apple booth is currently under wraps doesn't mean the updates have to be exciting or even in the keynote. They have to cover them up no matter what, even if they're lame.
  • Reply 6 of 28
    Macrumors retracted their similar specs. They also changed their earlier "new software announcement" to "new hardware".

Clear as silt.

BTW, what is "BT" in your specs, Kasper? I know it should be obvious, but I'm missing it.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    Bluetooth
  • Reply 8 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by machem

BTW, what is "BT" in your specs, Kasper? I know it should be obvious, but I'm missing it.

BT=Brian Transeau
  • Reply 9 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

It's (sadly) looking more and more like the 7457 is vaporware and Apple is being forced to put the "desktop" 1.25 GHz G4s into the portables, heat and battery life be damned. It's either that or no update at all.

This is a super holdover update until the .09 G5s can go into the PBs early next year.

You know, just because the laptop section of the Apple booth is currently under wraps doesn't mean the updates have to be exciting or even in the keynote. They have to cover them up no matter what, even if they're lame.

Ugh. If the 7447s are in there, I'll probably go with my old quote on the current 1GHz SD model. Jeez, wonder if I can still get one? That would well and truly suck. I really wanted the faster bus and larger cache.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Blue Tooth
  • Reply 11 of 28
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by machem

BlueTooth...

Like I said. Please don't take these as fact. Once again: AppleInsider (or myself) are in no way vouching for the authenticity of these. They are here purely for your speculation purposes.

Backlit keyboard was also mentioned on the 1.25GHz but not the 1GHz. Obviously that is strange, but it may have been an oversight or poor communication. You guys only have a few more hours to wait =P

I'm hungry so I'm going to make a cheddar onion burger.

Cheers,

Kasper
  • Reply 12 of 28
    Quote:

BlueTooth...

Like I said. Please don't take these as fact. Once again: AppleInsider (or myself) are in no way vouching for the authenticity of these. They are here purely for your speculation purposes.

Backlit keyboard was also mentioned on the 1.25GHz but not the 1GHz. Obviously that is strange, but it may have been an oversight or poor communication. You guys only have a few more hours to wait =P

Cheers,

Kasper

Thanks. I knew it would be a "duh" moment. Well, duh.

I had a cheeseburger a little while ago. I would have eaten three if I had had them. It's the stress, I tells ya!

Stay up or wake up early? Toss-n-turn or zombi-fied?
  • Reply 13 of 28
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Mmmh, cheddar onion burger!

Seriously, Kasper, thanks for keeping us entertained during the last few hours before the Stevenote.

Now I'm not just hungry for new PowerBooks, but hungry for real food too.

Escher
  • Reply 14 of 28
    From macrumors

Quote:

What's Already In Stores: \t

Okay. I can't hold it anymore. Right now, in an Apple Store somewhere in the south (protecting a friend who works there) is a collection of the new low-end 15" PB models. They will be shipping and ready for purchase tomorrow. I'm sure this applies for all if not most of the Apple Stores. The specs on the low-end: very similar enclose to the current 17" PB's, thinner (how thin, he didn't say), up to 2GB max RAM, 64 MB VRAM, 1 GHz (1.25 GHz in the yet unavailable model -- not in his store, anyhow). He didn't get more than that off the box before they shoved them away for tomorrow. I know this guy well enough to bet my firstborn on the truth of it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...0&pagenumber=2

OK, so can 1.25GHz still be a 7457?

We need some kayopeptate for this stream of last-minute rumors.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    Sounds like they're doing a Powerbook Yikes! with the low-end 15". Put the current processor and GPU in an aluminum body, lower the price and hope nobody notices. The 1.25 GHz model (and presumedly the 17" also) will be demoed, but won't ship for several weeks.

Moto pokes us from behind again.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    what if the 1 GHz and 1.25GHz are G5?
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Krassy

what if the 1 GHz and 1.25GHz are G5?

That would be inline with what that mysterious woman told me weeks ago, according to her IBM source.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bill M

That would be inline with what that mysterious woman told me weeks ago, according to her IBM source.

you mean the woman you got drunk?
  • Reply 19 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bill M

Oh yeah, forgot about that story Bill. You were never able to follow up with her? Guess we'll know in a few hours.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Matsu had everyone going in AI chat tonight with these "confirmed" specs:

12", 1.3 GHz G4, 3.5 lbs

15.4", 1.3 GHz G4, 1280x800, 5 lbs

17", 1.4 GHz G5, price hike