The Black, Flashing Ad Banner...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...please kill it yesterday if not sooner. It is an afront to all that is good about AI. Please, find a better banner to make your money with. This one sucks beyond any words that I can convey.

Who else is with me on this one??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

...please kill it yesterday if not sooner. It is an afront to all that is good about AI. Please, find a better banner to make your money with. This one sucks beyond any words that I can convey.

Who else is with me on this one??

Didn't see that one..

but you know you can switch off the flashing if it bothers you...Moogs

On IE just disable animated gif's and also don't allow java...
  • Reply 2 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Considering how cheap DVD players are I'm not sure winning a free one is that great of a prize,
  • Reply 3 of 15
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Considering how cheap DVD players are I'm not sure winning a free one is that great of a prize,

Yer right..DvD players going for $99.00Au..thats a bit over $50.US
  • Reply 4 of 15
    That stupid ad just put me into a seizure! I am gonna sue! J/K!
  • Reply 5 of 15
    As far as I'm concerned they're wasting their time. AIers are probably the LEAST gullible and least likely to believe any of those things.

The banner ads here have sucked dramatically lately.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i just wonder who the hell clicks on those things to begin with that the creators actually target... are they the ignorant mouth-breathers who open every outlook attachment they read? all it makes me want to do is "change the channel," so to speak.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Seriously that thing is pissing me off.Couldn't the banner makers be any more creative?
  • Reply 8 of 15
    oh, hey, that red-super-fast flashing, seizure-inducing banner is MUCH better. thanks.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i just wonder who the hell clicks on those things to begin with that the creators actually target... are they the ignorant mouth-breathers who open every outlook attachment they read? all it makes me want to do is "change the channel," so to speak.

I sometimes click on banner ads if I want to support the site. And come to think of it, I have a cold right now and breathe through my mouth most of the time. Hmm...
  • Reply 10 of 15
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

Didn't see that one..

but you know you can switch off the flashing if it bothers you...Moogs

On IE just disable animated gif's and also don't allow java...

Well i use safari, so how do i do this with safari, netscape allows me to turn off "animation"
  • Reply 11 of 15
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Turning off animation is not the right solution to demon-spawn ad banners.

Getting rid of the crappy banners and finding some that don't completely distract you from what you're reading is the right solution. Also, I am not a big fan of ads that promote seizure-like tendancies either.

• Reply 12 of 15
    PithHelmet

Ads? We don't need no steenkin' ads.

< /blazing saddles mode>
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I sometimes click on banner ads if I want to support the site. And come to think of it, I have a cold right now and breathe through my mouth most of the time. Hmm...

that's not what i meant. i mean, who clicks on these banners that are intentionally trying to be so obtrusive and so annoying in their delivery?

sure, i will click on a banner, too, but i will NOT support asshole sponsors like this. i don't care if they are an AI supporter. that kind of advertising should not be promoted into a statistic like "people are 400% more likely to click on a banner that screams at them with lots of blinking complimentary colors and offers a "click the monkey" contest."

ACK!
  • Reply 14 of 15
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

PithHelmet

Ads? We don't need no steenkin' ads.

< /blazing saddles mode>

THANKS IT WORKED....YES!!! why can apple include this thing
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Seriously that thing is pissing me off. Couldn't the banner makers be any more creative?

<bitter laid-off graphic designer rant>No. Because they LAID OFF all the graphic designers. The secretary's making them now...</bitter laid-off graphic designer rant>