Apple Europe Store Down

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Seems a little early... ?

Though I've been trying to track to track an order for the past hour and getting an error message every time.

Maybe they've just lost the key.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    I just went to the france store big sign said "we'll be back soon"

said they were updating, and would be back within an hour.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    UK. france, germany, denmark, finland, ireland, italy, netherlands, norway, spain, switzerland(german but not french), austria, sweden, and belgium are down
  • Reply 3 of 13
    I don't know about you guys but it's great to not have to wait all day until late afternoon until America announces updates, they're on our turf now ! Do you know of anywhere that is doing an auto-update news site as was provided for the special music event?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by UkNeedsApple

I don't know about you guys but it's great to not have to wait all day until late afternoon until America announces updates, they're on our turf now ! Do you know of anywhere that is doing an auto-update news site as was provided for the special music event?

http://www.macrumors.com/ae2003.html
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by UkNeedsApple

Do you know of anywhere that is doing an auto-update news site as was provided for the special music event?

Only one I could find is at MacRumors.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by popmetal

UK. france, germany, denmark, finland, ireland, italy, netherlands, norway, spain, switzerland(german but not french), austria, sweden, and belgium are down

A hacker attack, I tell ya
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Cheers guys, i'm craftily minimising my windows as work colleagues walk past me. They dont' seem to realise what an important day this is
  • Reply 8 of 13
    AND WE HAVE NEW POWER BOOKS!!!

(sorry for the caps, rarely do that ;-) )

The whole line refreshed. up to 1.33 GHz with 512KB L2 cache
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Power Apple

AND WE HAVE NEW POWER BOOKS!!!

(sorry for the caps, rarely do that ;-) )

The whole line refreshed. up to 1.33 GHz with 512KB L2 cache

New hardware:

- 79 euro each.

- keyboard looks like the newer emac kb uses 4 batteries and last 9 month

- the mouse looks like the old one - it's white and has a switch on the bottom that turns it on and off and covers the lense batteries last 3 month

- A New mouse and keyboard. No wire, but bluetooth. adaptive frequency hopping - a new technology to keep a better connection. 128-bit encryption.

- New 15" PowerBook: Aluminum. Slot Loading Drive. Backlit Keyboard. 15.2" TFT. 1.25GHz, G4. Up to 2GB DDR RAM 333MHz. Radeon Mobility, DVI, FW800, 2 USB, Airport Extreme. $1999 Combodrive model. Superdrive for $2499. One config has 1GHz, 60GB, 256MB. 1.25GHz has 512MB RAM and 80GB HD. Available today

- PowerBooks are 80% thinner than PC Laptops

- New 12" PowerBook: 1GHz with 512k Cache, $1599 Euro. GeForce fx go, usb 2.0. Both available today. $1799 Euro 12"/Superdrive. Yes, they all have the 7457 Chip.

- New 17" PowerBook: 1.33GHz, 2GB RAM Max, $2999 Euro. Mobility Radeon 9600. 2x Superdrive.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    WOOOO!!!

(and waiting for the 15"..... comeon baby....)
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by tokenfirstyear

WOOOO!!!

(and waiting for the 15"..... comeon baby....)

From MacRumors:

Quote:

New 15" PowerBook: Aluminum. Slot Loading Drive. Backlit Keyboard. 15.2" TFT. 1.25GHz, G4. Up to 2GB DDR RAM 333MHz. Radeon Mobility, DVI, FW800, 2 USB, Airport Extreme. $1999 Combodrive model. Superdrive for $2499.

• Reply 12 of 13
    me wonders what the hell the 'one more thing' is gunna be..

ipod thingy?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by tokenfirstyear

me wonders what the hell the 'one more thing' is gunna be..

ipod thingy?

wireless keyboard and mouse! (but still only one buttom )

using Bluetooth with 128bit encryption. 9 month battery life