Snapz Pro X 2.0 in the works...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Snapz Pro X 2.0 is a major upgrade to our screen/video capture product, Snapz Pro X. Our major focus for this release is quite simple: performance.

We've spent the better part of the last year working on an optimized version of the Snapz Pro X video capture engine, and the results are simply astounding. You want to do full screen, 30fps video capture? Not a problem. And without noticably impacting your computer's performance during the capture.

We're also rolling in the audio capture abilities we debuted in WireTap to make Snapz Pro X 2.0 a simply astonishing video capture tool. While we're at it, we're also putting in a number of other requested features

If anyone has anything they'd like me to take a video of with Snapz Pro X 2.0, I'd be happy to oblige. There are a few pretty cool ones posted to the progress log:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/F...ML/000021.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    mokimoki Posts: 551member
    Here's a requisite "cool video" taken with Snapz Pro X 2.0 on my dual 1ghz G4 tower, with the monitor in Millions mode, at 20fps:

http://mahajir.ambrosia.net/spx2_dvd.mov (2.6mb)

It's a picture of a full size DVD playing, and Snapz Pro X 2.0 captures all of the audio and video without a hitch.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    WOW!

impressive speeds on those image captures.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    This is a pretty cool video too:

http://mahajir.ambrosia.net/iTunesScreenSnapz006.mov

It's of the iTunes visualizer with a little Jimi Hendrix playing
  • Reply 4 of 13
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Hey, should I tell the Mods you're spamming?

EDIT: I am thoroughly impressed.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Wiretap is nice, but I use Audio Hijack Pro because it's does somethings WireTap doesn't. I'd have both installed, but they don't play nice together. Now I love Snapz Pro X 1.x, but am I going to run into the same quirky issues if I have both Snapz Pro X 2.0 and Audio Hijack installed?

The problem is some audio playback at 'chipmunk' speed, BTW.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Heya moki,

Does the DVD capturing depend on what graphics chipset you have or not? I remember there was an issue with that some time ago.

Will there be an "audio only" capture?

The demos are great!
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

Does the DVD capturing depend on what graphics chipset you have or not? I remember there was an issue with that some time ago.

I'm fairly sure that DVD already captures fine on 10.2 with Snapz Pro X 1.0.8 on any Quartz Extreme-compatible machine.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Heh, just watched the DVD captures...

Watch out for the MPAA, moki!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Hey, should I tell the Mods you're spamming?

hehe Anyone would think you tying to hype up the release a bit moki (I've seen you MacNN thread too), not that there's anything wrong with that .
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Heh, just watched the DVD captures...

Watch out for the MPAA, moki!

Well, there isn't anything they can do. We don't violate the DCMA
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Hey Moki,

Sounds great to me.

But one problem I've had is with WireTap. I has stopped my G3 400Mhz iMac the last serveral times I've tried to use it. The machine just locks up and the sound I was capturing just starts to studder. The machine is a live but takes forever to respond to any input. Sometime is has run an hour no problems. But the last three times it worked for less than three minutes.

Even your great "Escape Pod" utility will not work. The only alternative is to hold the power switch till the system powers off.

So far no other program I tried out has done this.

Any idea what might casue this?

Is there a lothat I can check that would help give you some feed bac on what is causing this?

Hope we can find a fix for this. I'm using the lastest 10.2.6 will all the patches and 512MB RAM. I don't not have a poperly configured Classic mode if that makes any difference.

-Scott
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Snapz Pro X 2 is gonna ROCK.

And here are my own obligatory screen caps. Keep in mind that these are taken on an "ancient" 3-year-old dual 500 G4.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bwsmith/movies/racer.mov

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bwsmith/movies/dvdplayer.mov

Beautiful.

(scaled down in QuickTime Player for smaller file size)
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

And here are my own obligatory screen caps. Keep in mind that these are taken on an "ancient" 3-year-old dual 500 G4.

(scaled down in QuickTime Player for smaller file size)

Very cool videos! Just a tip -- you might want to let Snapz Pro X do the movie scaling. Its ClearScale technology will make the scaled down movies look nicer than scaling them down in QuickTime Player.