eMac bump?

jobjob
Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Is there any chance of an eMac speed bump soon (1.25Ghz)?

I'm tired of my old iMac DV and can't really spend more than $1100, so the mid-range eMac + Airport card looks like the only option for me.

I don't have a monitor, so I can't really consider a refurb G4 tower. And I'm also quite happy with the all-in-one design, as I rarely upgrade anything other than the RAM.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    At the online AppleStore, under special deals, you can get a refurbed 15" iMac with Superdrive for $1049.00 (USD), one witha combo drive for $949.00. These are 800 mhz models.

As for eMacs, you can get a 1Ghz model with a Superdrive for $999.00.

If they bump the speed on the eMacs, I can't imagine they'll go any higher than 1.25 Ghz. Not that much of a difference really.

If you can swing a little more, they have refurbed 17" iMacs too.

Apple Special Deals
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I very certainly think that the eMac's will be boosted soon.

The next product to get the G5 will be the xServe, The fastest the xServe will get is dual 1.8Ghz G5's, a server really doesn't need a Dual 2Ghz, what REALLY does it need all that power for. Because the G5 is bascially a server processor, it's migrate it's self perfectly into the Apple Server market.

Just a quick run down of Apple's computers upgrades by 2004

xServe:

G5's, single at 1.8Ghz and Dual 2Ghz, ATA/133, possible SATA. Hd's at 250GB each

PowerBooks:

Bumped to 1.42Ghz

Minor tweaks, mostly on screen power consumption

iBooks:

1Ghz+ w/gobi

1GB ram max

Radeon 9000 mobility 64Mb's on BTO

167Mhz bus, (sorry ain't getting faster than this until middle of 2004.

PowerMac:

1.8Ghz single, 2Ghz single, Dual 2.4Ghz G5's, no other updates except power supply will be uped to 750Watt on single procs, and 850Watt on the dual.

After the G5 rolls to 3Ghz plus, and if the system is a dual proc, apples going to get out the killer power supplies they've been working on for like a year now their 1150Watt supply, if you ask me that's just crazy. Also the faster the proc's, the louder these things going to get, RPM's on the fans are going to be uped to take all the hot air out.

eMac's

Bumped to 1.42Ghz

Nvidia FX 5200 Graphics.

iMac:

Second to see the G5

1.4Ghz and 1.6Ghz,

Well there's the run down, so don't tell everyone this, i don't want it spreading. All models will also include FW800. eMac, iBook will see USB2.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Altivec_2.0

Just a quick run down of Apple's computers upgrades by 2004

eMac's

Bumped to 1.42Ghz

Nvidia FX 5200 Graphics.

iMac:

Second to see the G5

1.4Ghz and 1.6Ghz,

Do you really think that with the iMacs just being bumped recently that they'll be bumped again by the end of the year?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Altivec_2.0

Well there's the run down, so don't tell everyone this, i don't want it spreading.

So you posted it to a messageboard?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    othelloothello Posts: 1,053member
    thats the most sensible set of predictions i've heard in a long time on these boards. he almost sounds like he knows what he's talking about...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Altivec_2.0: Do you think the eMac would go to 1.42 with the iMac still at 1.25? Not trying to rip anyone, just attempting to clarify....maybe I'm missing something....