No School! Want to know why?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I do too...I have no idea why.

Yesterday...a good 4hours before it even started raining they called a Two-Hour-Delay. That was cool and I was happy, but it seemed little bit early. Now they just closed it...Isabel left a whole .9inches and besides strong winds last night (not really strong), they closed it today due wind. Wind probably in the 20mph range mind you. I am happy but seriously...why?

Dr. Porter is a school superintendent and he looks like willy wonka.

</vent>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Heh, classic Lancaster behavior.

My mom and bother didn't have school either (CV and Manheim Twp).

Do you remember Floyd in 99? We got let out early for that one. I always thought it was funny to have a 'rain day' as compared to a snow day. How about that one time about half the districts in the county canceled on a forecast... and then it never even flurried. Ah, those were the good days.

Well, since I'm not on the east coast, I gotta go to class. Have fun with your day off, ast3r3x.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    the reason is the wind. most schools close when wind is above a certain speed due to the minor rish of projectiles and more vaguely tornados...

call it a wind day.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Every school in my county was closed, and the other community college, but not mine. Class sucked anyway. Stupid... stuff.