Steve Jobs, 2.3 billon net worth....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Steve is number 78 richest man in the US. SCARY.

78. Jobs, Steven Paul, 48, $2.3 billion, Palo Alto, Calif., Apple Computer

Link

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    And the saddest part is, he doesn't eat meat. The man could dine in the finest steak houses on a weekly basis, enjoying the most choice, melt-in-your mouth fillets... hangin' with da Zoot Suits crowd... gettin' all the fine honies on his jock, yo.

Damn WWwegetarians.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    I never expected him to make the list. But when I found him I almsot fell out of my chair. He doesn't come off as "Snobby Rich" when he's on stage. On stage he is like a church minister, preaching to his eager congregation. (wait...this is starting to sound poetic)
  • Reply 3 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

On stage he is like a church minister, preaching to his eager congregation.

Or a cult leader...
  • Reply 4 of 19
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    The 5 way tie for 4th place is even scarier. World domination, man.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    It's really great to see that Steven Spielberg ($2.5b) is just as rich as Donald Trump.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

It's really great to see that Steven Spielberg ($2.5b) is just as rich as Donald Trump.

Spielberg should burn for destroying Kubrik's last movie. Figures you would like the guy.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    LOL, I like him too. Or at least I like Dreamworks (doesn't he own them or something?) Don't get me wrong, I love Pixar far more, but Dreamyworks has a style I really enjoy. The rest of SS stuff is poo-poo to me.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Spielberg should burn for destroying Kubrik's last movie. Figures you would like the guy.

BR being an ass? NO WAY.

(psst. AI would have been better had Kubrick completed it himself....but I still liked it.)
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Or a cult leader...

Stop the clock! We have a winner!!!!

No more calls please.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Eerie. I was at arm's length from mr. Jobs at the Expo this week. Walking around between overcrowded stalls, minding my own little business, all of a sudden there is Jobs, flanked by some women, and possibly some tough guys (though, if they were, they were not in the least conspicuous), and then Jon Rubinstein, walking, almost skipping like a toddler, behind that little group, and some others still. All in what was just about a single line.

I'm not one for idolatry, except maybe that flavor that includes me as the idol...

...but I was nonetheless more than impressed to find myself unwittingly and unprompted and a whole lot of other un-states just about face-to-face to this man who had quite a hand in making the world as it is today (and then I'm not referring to the fact that there was a time when all ICBMs pointing to Russia were kept in check by Apple IIs, but just to the popularization, and viabilization of the personal computer, together, of course, with his buddy the boogieman, aka Woz). Still I see that face. That man could stare even the most experienced starer down in a matter of nanoseconds. I was impressed, and probably came out to myself for the first time: I'm a geek! when you get to feel this special way about a computer tycoon... the same way braindead cheerleaders cream over Justin Timberlake... Hm, that analogy is a bit off.

Isn't that just the thing though, with these famous people, their very just-being-as-you-imagine-they-are, or something undescribably similar, is good enough to shake you up for a little while. Mind you, der Kopf did not show a thing. Der Kopf, sadly enough, is like that. The world doesn't touch der Kopf, no, he rather it be vice versa.

What can you say, however, to a man like that?

Quote:

Mistuh Jobs, mah tayloh... he be rich!

Or maybe, me being Belgian and all

Quote:

The horror! The horror!

In a flustered, voiced yet whispering manner, so as to scare the bejesus out of Herr Jobs.

• Reply 11 of 19
    he'd probably be wealthier if he wasn't a vegan, Tofurky doesn't come cheap these days
  • Reply 12 of 19
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

And the saddest part is, he doesn't eat meat. The man could dine in the finest steak houses on a weekly basis, enjoying the most choice, melt-in-your mouth fillets... hangin' with da Zoot Suits crowd... gettin' all the fine honies on his jock, yo.

Damn WWwegetarians.

Sure there's Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Bob's Steak and Chop House, etc., but they're hardly the best. Unless he takes his Gulfstream to places like Las Vegas, or any major city in Texas...
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Is he really vegan (no eggs, no milk, no gelatin), or is he just a vegetarian?

he's vegan.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Doesn't wear leather either, I believe.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

Doesn't wear leather either, I believe.

At least not OUTside his clothes.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

BR being an ass? NO WAY.

(psst. AI would have been better had Kubrick completed it himself....but I still liked it.)

It was turned into utter garbage. I'm not surprised that you liked it.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

It was turned into utter garbage. I'm not surprised that you liked it.

I liked it. I'm not surprised you actually give a damn.