Stuff stolen at the office.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Some sumbi*ch stole my coffee cup lid today. I am HELLA pissed! Ever have something taken at the office? (I don't care what YOU have taken from the office, just what you have lost there....)

And if the culprit is on the board, for GOD sakes bring it back to cube 9A!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    A.. coffee cup... lid?... Just the lid?
  • Reply 2 of 18
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I had my innocence stolen from me. Lunch room table. Late shift.

Some things you can never get back.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    "OMG i had my flower taken without my consent! Gimme a handout or I go to the mediiaaa!"
  • Reply 4 of 18
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I have to put my name on everything because I lose it all. My calculator went missing for a week or two before the acting chief retuned it to me
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

A.. coffee cup... lid?... Just the lid?

Yup. Okay it's 7:50 and I'm searching my co-workers desks. I know one of these bastiches took it. I mean for God's sake, why not take the WHOLE thing next time?
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Searched the trash can in the break room, my desk, and every desk in between. I checked the lost and found dish bucket (twice) and quized all 8 cleaning people. It vanished in a thirty minute window about 2:30 friday. This was just after the sales reps in the area got reamed for underselling and they were causing 'trouble' (throwing things, stealing the CS's pens etc.

No sign of the lid in their desks... I figure they must have hid it in the copy room. On friday I searched the cabinents in the kitchen but didn't find anything there either..... (but I am resilient....) justice is coming my starbucks coffee cup lid.... justice is coming...
  • Reply 7 of 18
    OH THIS IS RICH! I just got a ransom note asking for the box of donut sticks I keep locked in my drawer. They want me to put the donut sticks in the elevator and send it to the third floor. They said they will put my coffee cup lid in the elevator (minus the donut sticks) and send it back down. Is this for real????!? I want my bloodly lid back, should I trade?
  • Reply 8 of 18
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Do the switch.

But.

At the bottom of the donut stix box, but a note that says 'I licked every one.'
  • Reply 9 of 18
    My IM buddy told me I should make the deal, then at lunch go check the trash cans on the third floor for the wrappers.... but the thing is... what if they are located on the second or fourth or even the first and are just using the stairs. They could be thinking of this already. Also the security guys think it's a joke and won't let me see the cameras. I tried offering them some of the donuts but they laughed and said they weren't cops.... just rentals....
  • Reply 10 of 18
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Are you perhaps known throughout the company as one who is a bit paranoid or suspicious? Sounds like you're getting pranked big time. But just because they're not out to get you, doesn't mean you shouldn't go down to the third floor, casually peruse the desks as you walk by... and then kick the offender square in the NUHTS.

Of course this could get you fired so be prepared to go that extra mile for such a valuable coffee cup lid. Myself, I might get a little pissed and post to AI about an office theft (were I to be in an office at all), but only if they stole sayyy... my favorite CD or something that actually possessed monetary or emotional value. It's not a platinum-covered coffee lid, is it?

• Reply 11 of 18
    Actually I'm new at the office, and the coffee cup was a gift from my wife. Most folks like me here... and I'm actually never paranoid. This is kinda a game to me to from my end. I just want the bloody thing back. The trade is at 11 so I'll keep you posted.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    If you're new, it might be some ghey initiation the lifers at your company like to pull on new people. Don't hate them for it; it might actually be the highlight of their week, and you know what that means.

They don't have a life.

• Reply 13 of 18
    After much debate, (and testing on an open box) I took the sealed box of donut sticks and microwaved it for 4 minutes. Then I put it in the fridge and cooled it off. This will equal individually packaged sweet dough ball soup.

I DID get the lid back and have locked it in my drawer. I don't think they'll enjoy the charred mess inside the box. I was afraid it would catch fire but all it did was discolor. Oh well. Case closed I suppose.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Heheh. I guess you won that round.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Dude, I was afraid that you lacked a sense of humor. I'm hoping that you nuked those 'nuts out of fun for the game, and not out of anger. If I were you I would have put a note at the bottom saying "One of these was injected with Ex-Lax, Just one." But I'm glad you got you're coffee cup lid back...
  • Reply 16 of 18
    You could set the building on fire.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by spotcatbug

You could set the building on fire.

Thanks Milton.